Will Microsoft at least acknowledge that Call of Duty online is an issue?

I, along with many, many others, am tired of joining lobbies in Call of Duty 4 or World at War to find someone spawning on the map ceiling, under the map, outside of the map, or on top of unaccessible buildings. I am tired of joining infinite ammo or double speed lobbies. I am tired of watching killcams to discover that someone has a wallhack to see through walls. I am tired of having my killfeed "infected" and dealing with rainbow colored advertisements for youtube accounts to mod my Xbox covering half of my screen. I am tired of getting messages from 13 year old children asking me if I want to join a max rank 10th prestige lobby. I am tired of hearing about people being deranked to negative ranks so that the game refuses to let them join any public matchmaking lobbies.

I just want to play Call of Duty and relax, but I can't, because absolutely nothing has been done to solve the hacking problem, which has existed for months now. I report every hacker I see, but more and more hackers appear every day. Is something even being done to prevent people from hacking the console in the first place? The fact that these people have been given free reign to hack our games for so long is sad. It would be in Microsoft's best interest to at least inform the community that we have not been forgotten, and that something is or will be done to stop the hacking issue at the source.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

All Microsoft can do is ban the users and they have been. It's up to the developers to fix their games.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

MS have not forgotten about their community.
The XBLPET ban modders & cheats everyday (just check out the suspension forum for proof). But that is where their responsibility ends for CoD or any other titles not made in house.

A simple solution for MS would be to remove the games from the LIVE service until Treyarch/IW & Activision address the problem, but that is not going to happen.

It is up to the game developers and publishers to support & patch these games and prevent their modding, but they do nothing about it.
These problems are so long ongoing that the only conclusions are either they do not care one iota about supporting these titles and fixing their broken games. Or they simply can not do it.

But whichever the reason nothing is done on their end, and as long as they do not fix it MS can ban a thousand modders a day and the problem will not end.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'd be for removing the games from the service but I can see a lot of COD players moaning about it and then returning to moaning about the hackers again once the games are put back on.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is Microsoft not able to contact Google about removing the videos on Youtube that show people how to mod their Xbox's? Is Microsoft just banning accounts? If so, they need to move to banning consoles.

Sorry this didn't help.

For using the infections, Microsoft is only banning accounts. They'll ban consoles if the console itself is modded or if the person has has multiple violations on the console.

I'm not sure what they can do as far as videos and other websites around the internet.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, this is unfortunate, as Infinity Ward gave up on CoD4 before Modern Warfare 2 even came out. And with Black Ops out, Treyarch has forgotten about World at War. I guess Call of Duty has finally passed its expiration date.

Sorry this didn't help.