Will a game work if I get it on demand when the disc is unreadable?

I got Skyrim around December 2011 and the disc has recently become unreadable. I tried what the website said several times and it still doesn't work. Skyrim is available on demand and it does say I can install it but I would need to buy a flash drive first, which is cheaper than a new or used game disc. Before I buy it I just want to know whether or not the downloaded game will work. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I would like to point out that you would  be paying $59.99 to get the game from on demand even though you already have the game on disc.  Its a digital copy of the game.  So in your case it would be cheaper to buy a used copy from a local store.      

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Really? When I don't have the disc in my Xbox it says it costs $59.99 but when I have Skyrim in my console it just say's install.

Sorry this didn't help.

It says that because your xbox is wanting to know if you would like to install the game from the disc to the HDD.  You can try and do that to either the HDD or thumb drive.  IF it works you'll still need the disc so your xbox can confirm that you actually have the game.  Once the xbox confirms that you do have the disc it will play the game from the HDD or thumb drive.  ITS IMPORTANT TO KNOW THAT THE DISC MUST BE IN THE TRAY WHEN YOU WANT TO PLAY IT FROM THE HDD.

Sorry this didn't help.

So basically I'm stuck paying $60 or taking the risk and maybe having to go through the trouble of shipping it back or returning it to the store.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well that depends if you can find a used game which are normally cheaper than buying brand new.  Do you have an HDD?  If so try to install the game to it.  

Sorry this didn't help.