Will 2015 be the new 2007 for gaming?

Many gamers look at 2007 as the best gaming year of this generation.  Lots of great franchises were born.  Bioshock, Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, Dirt, etc.  Then you also had the Orange Box, Halo 3 and COD 4 release that year, and Gears of War 1 still in it's prime.  The reason I say 2015 is because it's 2 years after the NextBox comes out, just like 2007 was 2 years after the 360 came out, and seems to be the about the time that developers really start to tap into the new consoles potential.

So do you think that 2015 could match 2007 and will the beginning of the next generation take away the staleness and put some excitement back into gaming?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Klutch25"]

Many gamers look at 2007 as the best gaming year of this generation.  Lots of great franchises were born.  Bioshock, Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, Dirt, etc.  Then you also had the Orange Box, Halo 3 and COD 4 release that year, and Gears of War 1 still in it's prime.  The reason I say 2015 is because it's 2 years after the NextBox comes out, just like 2007 was 2 years after the 360 came out, and seems to be the about the time that developers really start to tap into the new consoles potential.

So do you think that 2015 could match 2007 and will the beginning of the next generation take away the staleness and put some excitement back into gaming?

[/quote]

No, there is nothing I  have seen at all that indicates a change in the general attitudes of devs or game companies.  I feel staleness for a bit to come.    

all that is needed is a game like rainbow 6 vegas 1 still the best shooter this gen.

I don't think we will see another year as good as 2007 for a long time.  That truly was one of the best years for gaming.  So many great titles that year. In fact I remember buying at least 20 games that year.   Now I buy maybe 3-5 a year.

Geez, I only get 2, maybe.  

I hope so!

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Spent most of 2007 playing Saints Row, Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Assassins Creed, Gears of War, FIFA 08, DiRT, PGR, Fight Night Round 3, Rainbow 6, yep very good year

2007 seems to be the peak of popularity with the home consoles going full force.  But I was having fun before that & even more so after that year.  So I would hope history repeats, but there is no way to tell until its happening.

Nope. Mediocrity is the only thing developers know.

[quote user="rookie tha vet"]

Nope. Mediocrity is the only thing developers know.

[/quote]

Bioware, Bethesda, Rockstar, Irrational, Turn 10, Epic, Dice and Ubisoft to a certain extent don't do mediocrity, there's still hope!

There was nothing particularly special about 07' to me.