WiFi vs Wired

Just would like some peoples opinion or facts on wifi vs wired.  I would like to know what people run and why.  I'm thinking about trying to go wired, because after this weekend of hit markers, I was thinking of changing and wondering if it would actually turn those hit markers into actual kills.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Wired. Less latency=more kills.

I prefer wired 

I have an old Arcade Xbox that I still use the Wireless network adapter for.....Compared to my brothers wired one down stairs. I can't tell the difference.

Wired, although if your router is relatively close to you system you won't notice much difference.

What is considered relatively close.  My router is one floor up from my xbox, but if you look at it the way the crow flies, it's about 15 ft away.

I'm in a fished attic-room up stairs. So nearly 3 floors away from my router. I also have a wireless desktop computer in the same room. As long as you have good internet speeds and a decent router you should have no problem putting anywhere in your house.

15ft under you will be no problem.

Wired all the way. The people with shotty wifi connections lag up games.

Wired is the ideal way to go but since I'm not close to my router I use a wireless n connection which is not that bad either.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I use wired for XBOX and wirless for laptop

I would prefer wired but my router isn't a gigabit however it is a wireless N600 so I get faster speeds over wireless if on N.