Why?

how come everyone always say that BF is so amazing? i dont get it sure shooting down houses and all is cool but the game has terrible hitdetection and lag issues (i have it on both PC and xbox 360) and i have lag issues even if my ping is 20-30 on PC and hitdetection (example hitting a guy with a shotgun 3 times with magnum ammo all 3 shots connect hitmarker is shown i die he has 65% hp left close range) sure this game is good but its by no means amazing and im not some cod fanboy either i prefer halo over both but seriously how can a shooter game be amazing when it has major hit detection problems? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Get into better servers. Just because you have good ping with the server doesn't mean everyone else does. Also, some servers are just laggy and need a reset.

Maybe OP its not lag issue its the fact your forgetting on BF unlike COD the guns don't fire laser beams so you have to lead your targets if they are further away.

i am not talkinga bout missing completely i can see when its my fault and when its not for example shots not registering properly (3shots with shotty = 65% hp left?) you can see the hitmarkers most of the time its in close range where i have absolutely terrible hitdetection i am well aware of bullet drop and all that stuff but the fact that when you clearly hit a target and you get hitmarkers but nothing happens the hitmarkers are duds pretty much. i understand that people love battlefield but i dont see how its that much greater then CoD because its not its not amazing compared to cod but its not crap either :/

not hit detection issues. just your aiming issues. it's a common complaint from people coming over from other shooters. BFBC2 doesn't use hitscan, you actually have to lead you shots on a moving target.

[quote user="EuphoricSmile"]

i am not talkinga bout missing completely i can see when its my fault and when its not for example shots not registering properly (3shots with shotty = 65% hp left?)

[/quote]

You know unless you equp the extra slugs the shotgun has a large spread, you might well have hit the person but only with one bit of shot and no more hence you got the hit register but it did next to nothing.

you can see the hitmarkers most of the time its in close range where i have absolutely terrible hitdetection i am well aware of bullet drop and all that stuff but the fact that when you clearly hit a target and you get hitmarkers but nothing happens the hitmarkers are duds pretty much.

[/quote]

Again as said above the hit marker simply tells you some of your shot hit the enemy not how much of it hit, you might just be hitting the person with a single piece of shot hence the marker, for the shotgun to have real power it relies on more of the shot hitting the person.

makes sense i guess atleast for the shotgun but when using a machinegun and spraying 50+ bullets getting a TON of hitmarkers close range that i would say is bad hitdetection. still id like to know why battlefield is so much more amazing then cod? i just dont understand (i completely understand people liking 1 game more then the other) but why is ti that its such an amazing game compared to cod?

Perhaps you should be playing on Hardcore if this is the 'problem' you're having. Spray and pray hardly works too well in BF. Too much area and to few targets to hit. Depends on the gun and how many times you hit a guy. Aim for the head more, as well, if you have the time.

I think Battlefield is better than other shooters because of destruction, weapon balance and recoil, and variety of maps ranging from open feilds with a variety vehicles to tight urban infantry combat. No lag or hit detection here, at least no more than in any other online game.

makes sense i guess atleast for the shotgun but when using a machinegun and spraying 50+ bullets getting a TON of hitmarkers close range that i would say is bad hitdetection. still id like to know why battlefield is so much more amazing then cod? i just dont understand (i completely understand people liking 1 game more then the other) but why is ti that its such an amazing game compared to cod?

[/quote]

Stupid thing is maybe they had Body armour on in which case body shots do a fair bit less damage.

The difference with COD is the following.

1) you can't pick the game up and be awesome right away at the game

2) your connection in most cases doesn't determine who wins a firefight

3) the hitboxes aren't floaty hitboxes, if you hit the body you get a hit if you miss you don't get the hit you can't miss the head by a couple of inches and still get the hit.

4) The maps are huge meaning team play comes into play alot more with flanking etc.

5) one person can't dominate an entire team or win the whole match for you.

6) Campers normally get killed off quick as people can blast through walls etc to avoid campers.

Why is it that everyone always complains about lag? I don't get much lag in Battlefield, if at all.