why would i loss access to single player content when EA shuts down the server for the saboteur?

EA is shutting down the server for the saboteur. first of all, why would a single player game with no MP mode even have a server? and when they do this, i will lose access to the midnight club. its a club hidden under the moulin roge style club that is your hide out. there is a lot of cool stuff down there. when i replay it, i go down there and mess around. i can understand MP modes being cut off, but single player stuff? this makes me scared to buy DLC of any kind from EA. i don't want to buy the mass effect 3 DLC only to not be able to access the DLC years later when i decide to replay mass effect 3. you may say big deal, but this was a pre-order bonus that was given with the game if you buy it new. not to mention people that paid for this DLC to access the midnight club, when they bought the game used. i bought it new and i like going into the hidden club when i replay the game. why should i loss access to single player stuff? am i going to loss access to DLC for games like mass effect 1 and 2 and dragons age as well? all of that is single player, not MP. don't get me wrong, i am against any servers being shut down for any game. if you buy the game and the DLC, you should always have access to all the games modes, areas and DLC. as i see this type of stuff happening, i become less inclined to buy DLC. its stuff like this that also has me against digital downloads. this may seem silly, but it can lead to loss of access for other single player content in future games. it starts small and next thing you know, you can't access the cat woman levels in arkam city anymore. you can't use your pre-order guns in FPS games you bought new anymore. you can't access those cool cars you bought for frozza 4 anymore. you can't access the DLC levels for gears 2 and 3 when you wanna do horde anymore. and so on.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Is it just the ability to buy it that is being removed, or using it altogether?

thats what i wanna know. this content is on the disc. its just locked. you had to download an unlock code to access it. which i did when i bought the game new on lauch day. why should EA be able to just lock the content back up now? what about people that don't won't to lose access to the content?

I'm getting sick of EA's server closures. Semi off topic, but how is the midnight show. I've got The Saboteur on my PS3...

its an underground club. there is a secert entrance in the corner of the club where your hideout is. there is a game down there you can play that allows you to win a very cool car. there is dance shows in the back. you pick which of the 3 girls you wanna see dance. it is good sized club to run around in. i like to play the game and mess around seeing the dace shows and stuff. you could proably find a video on youtube of the place. i just don't see why EA would lock this content back up. its single player. the game has no MP modes. why does it even have a server? as i see this stuff hasppen, i start to consider never buying DLC  anymore. i don't wanna pay for content i could lose access too. and if i will lose access to content giving to me when i buy a game brand new a few years later, i might as well just buy used.

Totally agree. I have this game and I'm pissed because I still haven't gotten that car. The mini game is also a blast to play if you actually play it like a drinking game! I don't understand why it had a server either. EA has been a *** for a long time, but this takes it to a whole nother level.

all i know is the DLC for mass effect 3 is the last DLC i will buy for an EA game. if i even buy another EA game. i won't be buying syndicate DLC. thats for sure. i am not gonna buy extra MP missions that i could lose access to 3-4 years later because EA shut down the servers for the game.

Some people are just cry babies.

Severs get shut down all the time. If you want the servers to stay up for so long, why don't you play the game? Keep the community active. Make it WORTH EAs time to keep the servers up and running. It's a complete waste of time and resources for a developer to keep servers running for a game that NOBODY plays. Nobody is going to be playing the game 3-4 years after it's released and the few poor souls that are are so few that it doesn't matter.

More servers need to be shut down more often. It's completely pointless to keep them going for so long when nobody plays their games. You had your chance to play these games, you failed to do so. Quit *** because you took your sweet time trying to play a game and expect to be able to hop on and play multiplayer after the game has been out for 3-4 years.

and DLC is DLC. It's yours. You keep it. You should not lose access to the content, unless what you're trying to access streams online content such as leaderboards for example. I didn't play much of that awful game to know much about the content.

I could call games you like awful too, but I'm not a ***.

-

I still play WaW online for Nazi Zombies. If it was an EA title, it would be way gone.

If it was EA you'd be playing their updated zombies on Black Ops instead.

By "updated" do you mean ruined?