Why won't my Xbox 360 play certain saved game files?

I'd recently decided to revisit some of my older 360 games, and play through them once again, however, when it came to playing both L.A. Noire and Splinter Cell Blacklist: I ran into trouble. 

I'd revisited L.A. Noire with the intention of completing the remainder of the achievements in the game, and had decided I would play some Co-Op with my friends on Splinter Cell. 

Yet, when I visited both games, after selecting the Xbox hard drive (where the save files are stored) I was greeted by a new game screen on both Splinter Cell and L.A. Noire. 

I'm unsure what to make of it, because there wasn't any sort of save file corruption message, and the save files are there and are allocated to my gamertag in the storage settings. 

I'm completely frustrated by the whole thing, and am unsure what to do. I don't know if it's a problem with my Xbox, or something else. 

Any advice or help would be highly appreciated, and I would be eternally grateful.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Could be for a few reasons. The biggest one though is, if there are title updates to the game, some games don't bother updating your save files. For example, if the retail disc version of the game is v 1.0, and the latest update is 3.0, then your 1.0 save file won't be read or updated by the 3.0 version. Sometimes updates cause the game to only read saves from the last version. It's lazy, but it's the only way to keep file formats nice and tidy.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'd just tried deleting the update and playing the game offline, but same problem. Do you know any other possible suggestions? Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you have a USB storage device, try moving the save file to that, and see if the game recognizes it that way.

Xbox Ambassador.

Sorry this didn't help.