Why won't Microsoft sort out my problem?

I have a problem adding payment methods to my account to use on the marketplace. I telephoned the support team several times and in the end it was sent to the advocacy team who said the problem was fixed and sent a voucher code for my problem. 

The voucher arrived on 31/7/13. We tried to order MS points and a game. The voucher did not cover this and so another £2.98 needed to be paid. No problem, we thought. Oh well to cut a long story short I have spent over 5 hours talking to people at support who claimed it was the bank to blame. My bank assures me it actually authorised 6 lots of £1 tester payments from Microsoft in one evening as we were trying to make the purchase. I asked to be put through to the advocacy team but this was refused. I was promised the problem was sorted but I continued to have the same problem. Even when the agent tried to use my card over the phone (and I really don't like giving those details over the phone) we were unable to proceed. The last agent telephoned me on August 6th to promise me he would not stop until the issue was sorted. Guess what - I have heard nothing else and we still cannot pay for things on the marketplace.

I have tried various online chats with support staff who send me to different people to 'chat' with. I have just been directed to some poor soul whose job is tech support for windows and office! 

Why will no-one give me the details of how to contact the advocacy team as they won't do it themselves? I have also asked for the contact details of who to make a formal complaint to but yet again I'm just told to phone the online support people. The very people who are part of the problem.

Where do I go from here?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Yikes...I really dont know where you would go after that. Have you tried going further up the chain on the banks end of it? Ive heard a lot of people having troubles after the end of MS points but none that havent got resolved by doing what youve been doing. Its really hard to say but...the best i could think of would be to try try try again...hope you get someone who knows what theyre doing. Are you able to use ANY of the payment options linked to your account? I know there have been problems with people linking paypal and things like that. Im really sorry im not giving many answers but...Ive been around for a bit and im at a loss...thats how strange your issues are. Hopefully someone will know what to do...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.