Why will it let me do this??

i broke my Old xbox and i owned gta4 and red dead redemtion off of the marketplace . My neighbor also had an xbox. I practically lived over their and i recovered my xbox live gamertag ( it is not this one )and  downloaded my old games. I then around 6 months later , i get suprised with a MW3 Xbox 360. I download my old games and my old gamertag. And i just recentlly remembered he had my old downloadable games on his xbox. And he still plays then and so do i. He moved and i get get ahold of him.

If he has my old games and so do i , how do i make it so i am the ONLY ONE who can play those games, Will i get in trouble? because i forgot and i dont wont him to have those games

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Never mind i made a newer post that make's more sence , Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's a licensing thing. Downloaded content is tied to the gamertag it was purchased on as well as the console it was purchased on. The console license allows all gamertags on that console to be able to access the content. Since you originally downloaded them on your friend's console, his console has that license on it so he still has access to the games. You have access on your console because your gamertag purchased the games and you're signed into Live.

You will not get in trouble for this. To move the console license from his console to yours, you just need to do a license transfer http://xbox.com/drm

Sorry this didn't help.

Might be an idea to change your password so your friend does not recover the account onto his console again.

EDIT:Smwutches you are fast :P.

Sorry this didn't help.