Why were Resonance of Fate sales terrible?

Insufficient advertisement and publicity for the game?

-

It really could have been a huge success the game was great and fun.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Why were the sales terrible? Because the game was terrible.

Because many gamers are uninterested in games that aren't heavily advertised or 'guaranteed to be good', as it were. Something they're familiar with.

Yeah, many gamers aren't interested in games that are terrible either...

[quote]Why were the sales terrible? Because the game was terrible.[/quote]

Did you even play the game or demo to know it?

-

If you want to try out the demo it's available on the Japanese Marketplace titled "Eternity of Fate" (original name). It definitely isn't terrible, it's great.

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

Because many gamers are uninterested in games that aren't heavily advertised or 'guaranteed to be good', as it were. Something they're familiar with.

[/quote]

It's also the fact that gamers dont want to waste $60 on games that look pretty bad. $20 is one thing, but I would never purchase a game as bad looking as RoF at launch

Take a peak at my games played list. You'll notice there is a little game called Resonance of Fate on it. You'll also notice that it is on a very small list of games that I could not bring myself to finish. Can you guess why that is?

Personally I've never heard of it. Everyone (maybe. lol) has a game they really like, that never seems to "take off". Just enjoy the game if you like it.That's what I do anyways...

1) It wasn't an FPS

2) The average Xbox gamer is afraid of a tough game

3) It was unique

4) It was a JRPG

-

One of my favorite games of this console generation (I got 1000/1000), it is sad to see it did so poorly.  It is however, a gem of a game ANY JRPG fan who has not had the grace to pick up should definitely do so.

Why were the sales bad ? Because it came out near the time of Final Fantasy and another big game at the time (I forget which one).

It being a new title and people not often willing to try something new, especially one they hadn't heard much about, resulted in poor sales. It was a victim of bad timing and unfortunately not enough press to its name

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

Why were the sales terrible? Because the game was terrible.

[/quote]

Ah someone else who was chewed up and spat out by the battle system I see. That's the thing its so out of the traditional style many people called it terrible because it wasn't simply a FF "I have the bigger numbers so I win" game. Every battle could pretty much end you even against normal enemies and you could if you understood the mechanics, take on far superior enemies out play them essentially.

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

Take a peak at my games played list. You'll notice there is a little game called Resonance of Fate on it. You'll also notice that it is on a very small list of games that I could not bring myself to finish. Can you guess why that is?

[/quote]

Because you sucked at grasping the battle system and though it was highly unfair and deliberately skewed against you, instead of extremely balanced and rewarding to learn ?

honestly Resonance of fate is far from tough when you get it.

The start is admittedly rather brutal to you but past the 15- 30 minute mark if it all clicks you'll find it very good.

There's only been two bosses that have caused me any real pain and that was due to having to defend something and not as such being purely about keeping myself alive and in another fight not having the full game mechanics on your side so your super moves are essentially disabled forcing you to fight very differently. The first boss did get a kill on me indirectly as I tried to leave the dungeon but had someone very badly damage so an was able to rapidly pick them off. However I managed to get out of that using an escape item. Mostly though the Game is actually pretty easy if you learn it.

Because the battle system was completely unforgiving and had no learning curve. It started you on hard as **** and only got worse from there.

-

If games put you off at the start then it can hardly be surprising if people don't want to continue to play.