Why we don't have a lot of games exclusive on xbox360!!!

I think it's clear from the subject  in the top

and i heard someone say (windows 8 can run xbox games) is it right  :(   ?????

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The reason we don't have alot of big name exclusives is not because Windows 8 will be able to run Xbox360 games seeing as Windows 8 isnt' even out yet...

Why make games exclusively for one platform if you can make even more money by selling to multiple platforms?  Money is the answer.

Because without exclusives, there would be no point in getting one console over the other. Sonic and Mario were THE selling points of the Genesis and SNES

[quote user="Pakalolo Time"]

Why make games exclusively for one platform if you can make even more money by selling to multiple platforms?  Money is the answer.

[/quote]And that's exactly why companies like Sony and Nintendo purchase studios outright, or draw up contracts for exclusivity. Of course no third party developer is going to want to make a game exclusive to one console. It's up to the big 3 to make that happen. Unfortunately, only 2 of them are able to grasp the concept.

360 and PS3 are actually very similar. If you like Halo and Gears you buy a 360. If you like Uncharted and God of War you buy a PS3. Nintendo is the only one that's different because their consoles have almost no 3rd party support and completely rely on Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros, Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Metroid and Kirby to sell their consoles.

I'd like to see more exclusives across both consoles (360 and PS3)...

360 still have quite a few exclusives that are planned to be released 2012. They are all XBLA, i believe there are at least 4 exclusive titles

The simple reason for the lack of exclusives, is the lack of developers owned by Microsoft.  Nothing more.

LINK

this is the list of exclusives coming out for the xbox in 2012, it does look a bit poor in my opinion since none of those games caught my eye, except minecraft and i rather play that on the pc. it does seem like recently microsoft has slipped on the exclusive titles.

[quote user="akiro525"]

LINK

this is the list of exclusives coming out for the xbox in 2012, it does look a bit poor in my opinion since none of those games caught my eye, except minecraft and i rather play that on the pc. it does seem like recently microsoft has slipped on the exclusive titles.

[/quote]Minecraft and The Witcher shouldn't even be on that list seeing as they're also on PC. Star Wars and Fable Kinect games are going to flop hard and the only real exclusive is Halo 4. Just Halo. ... /sigh