Why The Heck Did They Go Third Person FFS!

Seriously, I have loved the Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six series since they began... mainly because they nailed the first person genre. So now they decide to go THIRD PERSON? Haters gonna hate, and yes, I'm a third person hater. I've only just found this out because I wanted to miss out on any spoilers... looks like the first GR title I will not be getting on pre-order.

It's the same as Red Faction... RF1 and 2 were first person shooters but then on console they made it third person and wasn't half as much fun.

One of the main reason I hate third person is that the camera pretty much always screws up. Go near a wall and the view shoots all over the damned place. The second and more important reason I hate third person is that your body blocks the view and hides the enemy from you. OK it can look cool but I don't want to look at my back all the damned time. If god had meant us to play third person he would have stuck our eyeballs on stalks behind our head.

Third and last reason I hate third person is that it ruins immersion... as in totally ruins it. It's like having an out of body experience. Third person is OK in RPGs but is hopeless in shooters.

God, I'm peed off now... looks like a rent only and hope that the next COD will do the Future Soldier thing better... at least it's not IW there to eff it up and it actually IS a first person shooter. Third Person Shooters can rot in hell for all I care.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You're only 8 years late - the Ghost Recon games have been 3rd person view since GR2 which released in 2004 (though GRAW and GRAW 2 both allowed full first person view on the PC).

-

At least this one does offer a down the barrel view that wasn't present in either GRAW console title (they only offered a FP view with no visible weapon similar to the original Ghost Recon).

-

If Call of Duty looks like more your kind of game chances are that GRFS wasn't going to be your cup of tea anyway.

[quote user="NeecHMonkeY"]

You're only 8 years late.

[/quote]

Sorry but I had to check this and you are wrong. I just loaded up GRAW2 on my 360 and guess what... FIRST PERSON.

I had to check in the options menu to make it go to "Over the Shoulder" view.

So 8 years late... nope... I'm just hoping that GRFS allows you to view in first person as well...

Don't bring call of duty into this discussion. There is nothing original about call of duty.

Only reason I brought COD into it is because it is a FPS and not a (spit) third person piece of doodoo. But up to now COD is crap too because it is just a prettied up Quake engine it seems (ie can't give your team orders, open doors/windows, can't even change the damned firing rate of your gun). It's just that Treyarch are better than IW (hell, anyone is better than IW) and maybe they will just pull a rabbit out of the hat.

It's not that I truly hate third person either... I loved Splinter Cell Conviction. But for a straight up shooter you need to see everything in front of you. Like for when a grenade is thrown in front of you... if it lands in the area you can't see then tough luck. Hell, consoles are screwed with poor FOV anyway... having your body in the way is just adding insult to injury.

Oh yeah, and regarding COD... I came across this awesome quote regarding that franchise.

"Call of Duty is the Adam Sandler of video games!"

... although tbh it's more like "COD is the Micheal Bay of video games!".

[quote user="EG NeoMorph"]

Sorry but I had to check this and you are wrong. I just loaded up GRAW2 on my 360 and guess what... FIRST PERSON.

I had to check in the options menu to make it go to "Over the Shoulder" view.

So 8 years late... nope... I'm just hoping that GRFS allows you to view in first person as well...

[/quote]

[quote user="NeecHMonkeY"]

At least this one does offer a down the barrel view that wasn't present in either GRAW console title (they only offered a FP view with no visible weapon similar to the original Ghost Recon).

[/quote]

I think it actually started the downward trend from GR2 when players thought the title was just too hard to play. I remember it being hard to get into at first but then loved it.

It's a shame that the Operation Flashpoint series was really buggy because otherwise I found it a really good combat simulator. Unfortunately too many franchises are going away from first person viewpoints for some reason. I still don't know the reason why this is.

I've decided to not cancel my Future Soldier pre-order and see what it is like before really ***... but I still hate third person in a shooter... Perhaps I'll just run around in aim-down-the-barrel mode heh.

OMG plz tell me ur joking...COD is one of the biggest jokes in gaming as we know it...seriously it's nothing but a glitchfest. Only the n00bs play cod & defend it like it's their mommy...lol. In all reality COD is the Rosie O'Donnell of video games...lmao.

cod was great up until waw..cod4 best xbox game ever..last 3 cods..worst xbox games ever lol..anyway the op is right..i wont be buying this because its in third person..as i said in another post why the hell didnt they put in a first person so we could have the choice..if skyrim can do it on such a massive game im sure these can.first person is the way to go in thses kind of shooters..it'll just make it boring and frustrating.