Why o why....

do i suck so bad at defense!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!  Waste of time playing this game, even if im up 15 on the Celtics to start the 4th quarter, they still come back to beat me by 10!!!  Winning against the Raptors the whole game, lose it in the end by 5.  WTF!!! I am SO aggravated right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My defense is pathetic.

Anyone got any tips for solid defense??  Turbo, no turbo, L-trigger/ no L-trigger...    blocking shots?!?!?!?!!  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

What are your defensive ratings?  My defense is at its max for my position and I too find it a bit frustrating at times.  I would suggest maybe using 'Defensive Anchor' I think that's what it's called where it makes your players on the court have a boost in defense which might help a little.  Definitely use the LT ro lock onto your opponent and don't let him off and when he passes out still stay on him.  I make that mistake all too often where I leave my guy briefly to help another team member because I instantly think they will be useless and not do the job well, instead the get it off to my man and makes me look stupid.

-

How's your stamina?  Having a max stamina if you haven't already will help you out a lot as there is almost nothing worse then not being able to keep up with your opponent because your tired.

-

Defense is all about effort and how bad you want to stop them, also timing and anticipation helps too.  Look at the team you are playing and you'll notice a pattern in their offense and use this to exploit them for easy picks and blocks.  What I mean by this is that they will run certain plays over and over that will become predictable allowing for you to know and react to that play before it happens, making you able to intercept the ball or getting the early jump on a player that you know is going to shoot instantly after being given the ball.

Thx for the tips.  I mainly play 5v5 so some of your comments may not apply.  I use the 76ers, so Im sure they lack in some of the defensive ratings categories, so maybe thats the tip of the iceberg.  I think I just need to keep playing and get used to LT and Turbo and when I can lay off of them, and when I need them.  I also need crazy work on blocking shots... however, last night I successfuly used the "Take a charge" button 3 times, so that was a positive....  Practice makes perfect i guess I'll just keep on keepin' on and hopefully I get better!!  

BTW, I found this comment of yours to be quite hysterical and totally accurate: " I make that mistake all too often where I leave my guy briefly to help another team member because I instantly think they will be useless and not do the job well, instead they get it off to my man and makes me look stupid."     - my sentiments exactly.

Oh, my apologies, I tend to speak in a My Player mode way as that's the only mode I play in without realising other might not : )

-

I'm not too familiar with the 76ers, but there is some talent on that team.  Practice indeed makes perfect (well better anyway).  After a bit more time you should be familia enough with then to know their strengths and whatnot.

-

Bynum should make for a beast on the boards and blocking (when he's not getting injured), but I sense the 76ers are more of an offensive team.

-

Other than that I hope it helps and you get better at it.

Be patient, jump in and steal passes.  I don't use turbo very often.  Just use the thumbstick defense controls quite a bit.  I steal a lot of passes and block a lot of shots.  I ONLY try and steal the ball during a pass.  Try hanging off a defender a little bit and as soon as you see the pass go to them try and steal it.   Also learn the play style the other team is using.  A lot of the time they will run the same play and you will know exactly who they are going to pass it to.  Makes for easier steals.  Easy steals equal easy fastbreak points.  Good Luck!