Why no demos?

Is it me or do we seem to be seeing less and less demos of games being released?

More so on the Xbox One than the Xbox.

Why don't they just release the demos that are given to the magazines that they get to try.

At least we could get some idea of what the game is like.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Denos are a deceloper decision and studies suggest they hurt sales.

they only hurt the sales if the games sucks but if i play a good game through a demo then that will get  me to pick it up at some point. there have been time where i would never have brought a game if it was not for playing the demo and finding it to be good

As the game library on Xbox One will grow we will most likely see more demos. 

Whether or not an Xbox One game has a demo is entirely up to the developer of that game.

It probably have more to do with the fact the Xbox One library isn't very big right now. As more games are made, more demos will come out. There wasn't a lot of demos when the Xbox 360 just released (I presume)

[quote user="JT THE GAME"]they only hurt the sales if the games sucks but if i play a good game through a demo then that will get  me to pick it up at some point. there have been time where i would never have brought a game if it was not for playing the demo and finding it to be good[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I just want trials to come back for X1 "arcade" games.

[quote user="JT THE GAME"]they only hurt the sales if the games sucks but if i play a good game through a demo then that will get  me to pick it up at some point. there have been time where i would never have brought a game if it was not for playing the demo and finding it to be good[/quote]

Now while I agree with you, what you may find a good game I may think is rubbish. Developer X releases a brand new IP - you like the game and I hate it, you buy the full game and I don't because the demo did not impress me - that's a sale lost. Now if there was no demo I may have gone out and brought the game. I can see both sides. 

It's Microsoft's decision, they decided that demos are no longer required. Link.

It is great we have things like Twitch, and Upload Studio where you can view clips of the games, and ask questions.  But you can't see how the game plays in your hands.  Case in point, Metal Gear Solid.  Maybe it is me, but I don't like the way you control your character.   If I got to play a demo first, I would have not bought the game.  Granted this game is only $30 and not really a full game.  

And speaking of prices, why are digital games prices the same as the ones being sold in stores?  There is no packaging involved so you would think there would be at least a $10 drop in price.  I will go one more, the stores drop the prices before the digital version.   Ryse right now is selling for $43.99 on Amazon but it is still $59.99 digitally.  In fact, just about all of them have.   I rather have the digital version of the game, so you don't have to get up and switch discs, but not if I have to pay full price.