Why name it XBOX music?

So my question is why would Microsoft go forward with naming their new music service "XBOX" music if its only available for free streaming on Windows 8 devices. It seems silly to go ahead with the name and still have your dedicated users pay another monthly subscription on top of your Gold membership. Why not just cal it Windows music if it wont be available for free on the XBOX. I feel they should just drop the "XBOX" part altogether since it borders close to false advertising (I might be stretching it here.) Thoughts?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I agree to an extent - Microsoft knows things we don't about its own future.

I think right now Xbox Music makes zero sense... but Microsoft may have something in mind for a next Xbox system to hit shelves in the next few years I'm sure.

I do agree though and think they should have stuck with some sort of Windows branding for music, and even renamed their new consoles to use Windows or something like that. Keep it all one platform IMO.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

This forum is meant for support issues, not feedback.

If you have something to add in regards to this feel free to do so by posting in the Feedback/Wishlist section of the forums here. There's also community discussion here if you'd like other people's opinions on the topic.

Sorry this didn't help.

Remember this service will be available on IOS and Android devices in the futures as well so calling it "windows" music would be even more awkward than Xbox music.

Sorry this didn't help.