why must I update?

when I buy a new arcade game straight from the marketplace, I should already be downloading the update.  It's irritating to wait for the DL to even finish.  Get on the game and bam, another download

I will admit I have gotten used to it.  But why, seriously can't the game just already be up to date?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

That'a a valid question, but at least game updates are fast.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Some are later just because devs releases games with flaws nowadays  to fix later via patches.

[quote user="Bad Instincts"]

Some are later just because devs releases games with flaws nowadays  to fix later via patches.

[/quote]I think he is asking, that when he initially downloads the game, why isn't it the latest version. (Patch included in download.)

As for the reason, I couldn't tell ya... probably something to do w/ the way xbox has their arcade games, and the patches set up.

I have always wondered why it does that too.

A lot of developers wait until there are a few patches to "Roll up" into a new install version. pushing a client side patch is easy, whereas updating the install version is usually more involved, so they don't do it for every update.

Because the Content itself (in this case an Arcade Game) is stored on the Users End Storage. The Game Update is stored on the Cache (automatic and no User End control). Each Content plays separately.

exactly, why cant it just already be up to date?