Why Must a Developer 'Request' a Forum to Be Made?

I do not understand this policy. Why can't all Xbox 360 and XBLA games just automatically be given a forum? Or even better, why is it that the desires of the users who frequent these forums are wholly ignored when it comes to what games get a forum? It just makes little logical sense to me that the decision is up to the developers whether or not their game receives a forum on this website, when they aren't even the ones using the forums to garner information or ask questions about particular games, we are.

Is there any truly valid reason why this policy is in place or is it just another narrow "this is how we want things to be run" excuse?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Agreed.  Honestly how difficult is it to make a forum for a game?

Sometimes ,i believe is just an excuse and that Forums are made if are AAA titles or if have too much hype. For example there are games that still aren't released and have their forums and there are few games released that are underrated and nobody cares to make a thread for them leaving the gamers that buy the game in a limbo; unless someone with powers is interested in the game and make it < <<i noticed that.

All games deserve a forums no matter if are good or bad... because gamers can buy/rent it sooner or later.

favorited, im interested to see if any mods or MVP's etc post any answers here.

You know, they have never even giving us a reason as to why this is, you would think in order to make the forums a place that ALL fans of all the games available for the system can enjoy they would add forums forums for Pretty Princess Pony Adventure who's devs wouldn't request a forum made so that those fans wouldn't be secluded from the community unlike how Cod/Halo/Gears forums get made the day the game is announced.

Hell Im still waiting on the Tales of Vesperia forum to get put up, it was up during the old forums but still hasn't been added yet, do the devs have to re-request it to be put up because if that is the case it will never happen

I don't think they need to request it. Last week there were a few of "Where is the forum for ____?" threads in the feedback forum and a mod answered each one and said that there were now threads for those games. It is possible that those devs requested the games forums on the same day but it was pretty efficient for it to be that way. One minute someone is asking where it is then the next there is a forum.

[quote user="NoxiousFarts"]

I don't think they need to request it. Last week there were a few of "Where is the forum for ____?" threads in the feedback forum and a mod answered each one and said that there were now threads for those games. It is possible that those devs requested the games forums on the same day but it was pretty efficient for it to be that way. One minute someone is asking where it is then the next there is a forum.

[/quote]That's usually for forums sections that were already in the older forums. 

I expect the reason the developers need to request the forums is for legal reasons.  MS don't want to put the forums up before their go ahead.

[quote user="YB0LA"]

Agreed.  Honestly how difficult is it to make a forum for a game?

[/quote]

Well if you consider that MS hasn't even copied over forums that already existed on their own site, pretty hard apparently.

Bitter jokes aside it's pretty easy. They just have to pick where they want it to go, name it and open it. There's really no good excuse for the current state of the game forums.

what Zen said, I think it has to do with liability and consent mambo-jambo.

Right now a LOT of forums are missing.  So even if a developer requested one, it probably wouldnt show up anyway.

[quote user="Domuhnic"]

consent

[/quote]

what the heck does that mean domuhnik?