Why is Xbox Music pass so expensive?

Other Similar apps (last FM, pandora) are less than $5 a month (last fm is $3 a month). What does Xbox music offer that makes them think it's worth 3 times as much? 

I'm not asking this to cause an argument btw, I'm asking because I'm considering subbing to it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Also, does the radio allow you to love and ban songs like on other apps so that it better learns what you like to hear?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So no one knows what benefits there are to a $10 a month program over a $3  month program?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not sure about last.fm and Pandora when you're paying, but there's no ads on Xbox Music when you're paying.  The music catalog is exponentially larger on Xbox Music than it is on last.fm and Pandora.  You can download the tracks to your devices (Xbox consoles are the exception) with Xbox Music as well as stream it.  I might be wrong, but I believe Xbox Music is available as an app on more devices as well.

Microsoft Movies & TV Team

Sorry this didn't help.

With the Xbox Music Pass, you have access to a cloud collection which you can use from your browser (on most all PCs), the Music app on your PC, Androids, iPhones, Windows Phones and Xbox Consoles. You are allowed unlimited free streaming and downloading (excluding Xbox console), most other competitors only offer free streaming. It's a pretty good deal IMO. If you're okay with ads you can also just use the 10 free streaming hours per month.

If this post was helpful please mark it as "Answer" in order to help other community members.

Sorry this didn't help.

How do you download your music on device aps? Like Android for example. I can't find the download option.

Sorry this didn't help.