Why is there such a difference in Hammerbursts in the 3 Gears games?

I wondered why the Hammerburst is pretty much the only Gears of War weapon which has had drastic changes in the 3 Gears games.

1. In Gears 1 it was a burst fire
  2. In Gears 2 it was a full-auto
  3. In Gears 3 it's a single shot, semi-automatic where the ammo seems to have a smoke trai, not to mention the FPS-style view when you click to go ADS.

Wondered if anyone knew why this was?  Have Epic said?

Also, since there's some variety in the Shotgun and Lancer weapon choice, anyone know why there's not Retro Hammerburst?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

3 Primary weapons is probably why there's no Retro Hammerburst.

Anything not significantly different to another is simply a waste of space, and there probably isn't a balanced enough spot for it to fill.

And I would guess that it's so different because it's such a hard weapon to balance and make appealing at the same time, but I really don't know for certain.

Not sure why the changes but I must say the HB is more appealing to me now than any of the previous ones.  I used to avoid the gun all together but finding I use it alot in Gears 3.  Love the head smash execution it has.

Retro Hammerburst, I would love to see it.

It's fully automatic in GOW3, right? The rate of fire is slower, but you can hold down the trigger and it will fire nonstop. Am I wrong about that?

[quote user="monosocratic"]

It's fully automatic in GOW3, right? The rate of fire is slower, but you can hold down the trigger and it will fire nonstop. Am I wrong about that?

[/quote] No you are not, it is indeed that way. However I would not recommend using it that way.

well they're all burst fire, just in a different way... and the first GoW had the hammerburst mark 1. GoW 2 and 3 have the hammerburst Mk2, which shoots a couple rounds for each trigger pull.

blame the locust engineers. they made the gun.