Why is it impossible to change regions?

Say I were to move overseas, which is quite a good possibility, why is it impossible to change my xbox account region? If it were verified simply by using a code or billing address and limited to once a year it would avoid the masses suddenly changing regions at will and putting extra load on the servers.

If I start developing, I am most definately not going to make a second account just so that I can have a new gamertag in the new country of residence. Changing your country shouldn't be such an issue.

(Sorry for sounding a bit uppity, I just feel that this issue has gone unanswered for far too long)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You do have a point there, I don't know why they haven't implemented this yet.

But the workaround at the moment is to make a new account, buy the correct points from the new region and you will still be able to use your main gamertag to access all of your Downloadable Content that was downloaded on the "dummy" account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

And when/if your console fails? I understand what you mean , and it is a valid workaround. Though it is a solution to a problem which shouldn't exist.

Thanks for the quick reply though! This issue isn't even that difficult to fix, I can change my iTunes region even from SA to US, obviously providing the correct information.

Hopefully this might be noticed and one day fixed, MS can use all the well-being from its overseas customers as it can handle, considering how gutted some of its services are anywhere but US/UK.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Mike43110"]

And when/if your console fails? I understand what you mean , and it is a valid workaround. Though it is a solution to a problem which shouldn't exist.

Thanks for the quick reply though! This issue isn't even that difficult to fix, I can change my iTunes region even from SA to US, obviously providing the correct information.

Hopefully this might be noticed and one day fixed, MS can use all the well-being from its overseas customers as it can handle, considering how gutted some of its services are anywhere but US/UK.

[/quote]

Then you'd have to transfer your licenses over to the new Xbox. But you'd have to do that anyway if you wanted to use all of your content offline.

Sorry this didn't help.