So, finally got into The Walking Dead show and yes, it's great. Looked at actually purchasing Season 3 on Xbox Video so I could watch it on various devices including the Xbox. So, to test this out, I get on the Xbox, I select a "Free" item to make sure everything works as I would hope. And that is where it all goes south and will keep me getting my content from various other means.
Steps to download a FREE 2 minute video:
1. Search through Season 3 items, and I see two version of the same item. Neither tell me if HD or SD and upon going into each one I determine it is because one is on Vudu and one on Xbox. However, I am not in the Vudu app, I'm in the Xbox app.
2. Select a video, select it again to "Purchase".
3. Enter in Family Settings code.
4. Select yet again to Purchase.
5. Enter in Family Settings code.
6. Confirm my purchase.
7. Enter in Family Settings code.
8. Watching video.
Total time waster 5 minutes to watch "Free" video and what the hell is this with having to enter the Family Settings code 3 times, selecting it twice to purchase?
Hmmm, and they want me to pay $2.99 an episode to go through this mess? No thanks MS, you won't have my $$ until you make this easy. And to be fair, most other services are just as bad.
Now, I do have a question. I have my account set for Adult and have a PIN number to log into my account. Why the hell do I have to also enter in my Family Settings PIN when I want to watch something?