Why I Think Modern Warfare 2 is the Best Call of Duty.

I know this is a Black Ops 2 forum, but nobody reads the MW2 one anymore and I wanted some honest replies to my ideas. This is not meant to attack Black Ops 2, and I hope you will not take it that way. Anyways, here are a few reasons why I love Modern Warfare 2 and I hope they base future Call of Duties on these points.

• Maps: the maps in MW3 and Black Ops 2 seem really small, restricted, and boring. After going back to MW2 I realized how great maps like Favela, Estate, Rundown, Invasion, and Highrise were. Besides Rust, the "small" MW2 maps are about the same size as the "medium" and "large" maps of MW3 and BO2. Size is important in maps because it not only makes the game feel more realistic, but it also creates different firefights in different parts of the map, so you never feel like you are getting killed by the same guy over and over. Also, the maps in the newer games seem really restricting, as if they are made up of long paths rather than an open environment.
  • Guns: Both balance and realism. You may say there are clear victors when it comes to which guns are the best in MW2, but I disagree. You may use a gun for a while and fall in love with it, but it's almost unavoidable that you will eventually try out a new gun and like it even more. This has happened to me a lot. For example, when I first started playing I thought the Scar-H was the king, but after giving the M4A1 a try, I found that I liked that more. Later, I switched to only using the M16A4, and eventually I went back to the Scar-H, but not for long. Basically what I'm saying is that there is a cycle, and it's really hard to choose a favorite gun which means they are generally balanced. However, LMGs could use a boost because besides the AUG they are rarely used.
  • Perks: Think about this for a minute; in MW2, the perk "Cold-Blooded" basically combined what "Assassin" and "Blind-Eye" did in MW3, and yet people still thought "Assassin" alone was more unfair than "Cold-Blooded" was in MW2. Why? Because not everyone used Cold-Blooded in MW2. Why? Because there were other perks that people actually used. To this day I still can't decide between Hardline, Stopping Power, and Cold-Blooded, or between Sleight of Hand, Scavenger, Marathon, or Bling. I'll admit some perks such as One Man Army, Danger Close, and Last Stand can get annoying, but they could easily just get removed or dumbed-down.
  • Killstreaks: I can't exactly decide why, but going for a Nuke in MW2 was a lot more thrilling than going for a MOAB in MW3. Maybe it was because of the constant threat of getting killed by an overpowered weapon, or because of the awesome killstreaks that you could use to get it, such as the AC-130. Yes, the AC-130 is in MW3, but it is nowhere near as epic to use. Something about the MW2 killstreaks seemed a lot more fun than the ones in MW3 and the ones in Black Ops 2.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. What's your favorite Call of Duty and why? And do you agree/disagree with any of my claims?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Black-ops2>Akimbo shotguns

"Why I Think MW2 was the best COD" said no one ever.

MW2 was terrible.  

Take out OMA noob tubes, danger close, commando and it may have been my fav too.

You offer well thought and cogent reasoning for your points . Personally , I prefer WaW . And my argument is this : COD started as a WW II game , and WaW was the pinnacle of those games ( before all the hacking , glitching , etc.) Yes, the German MP was way overpowered , but that aside , it was cool to use the tanks , destroy the tanks , and the BAR has to be my all time favorite gun... period . But most importantly , I have known many WW II veterans in my life . I felt somewhat more connected to them with WaW and the history lessons it gave .

This thread is so like 3 years ago. MW2 maps were good, and that was about it. It played OK, but you mentioned the terribad perks, AND there was NO post release support. I am over it and have moved on.

I haven't played a COD until this one because of MW2.  The bugs glitches and hacks were supremely annoying.

having said that MW2 did almost everything else far better than blops 2.  The maps were ALOT better with more variety and space.  They weren't tiny little twisty maps made for the headless chickens.   You could control parts of the map, you could find ways to use all weapons (granted snipers sucked), and you could use different tactics.

weapons were all different and had character. Same with perks.  The ability to mix and match made for a very fun way to experiment.  Thermal famas sniper? F2000 with javelin? Yeah sure, why not?

overall, if it didn't have so many problems, mw2 would be king.

CoD4 was my first CoD multiplayer experience (although I've been playing CoD games since Finest Hour). I loved everything about it. From what I remember playing hardcore, everything seemed perfect. You only had killstreaks at 3, 5, and 7 and no MOABs or Nukes. It seemed then that more people played to win the game instead of stat whoring.

Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare was the best. Yeah Michele Dbl U, I liked that the only killstreaks were ta 3, 5 and 7, now things are in the multiplayer that annoy me, even though BO2 is the best since CoD4, MW3 was AWFUL!

People's only complaints about MW2 seem to be about noobtubes, overpowered perks, and glitches. I think these are all community problems. People don't have to use noobtubes, but they decide they don't care about a level playing field. Same goes with the perks; One Man Army is a perfectly fair perk unless used with noobtubes. So of course EVERYONE uses it for noobtubes. Last stand isn't too bad, because Ninja balances it out. If you play this game strategically (take cover behind objects, pop up, kill, go down, reload, move up, repeat) than you won't run into as many problems as if you charge around the map in full sprint. People complain about the shotguns but they don't bother me because I just kill the player from a distance with an M16A4.

MW2 failed miserably because Infinity Ward let all the mods and cheating go on for way to long.