why I must to pay xbox gold to play apex legends while on playstation 4 and pc no? Microsoft ?

i have a pc, and i don't pay the "gold", some friends have a ps4 and don't pay the "ps plus", i WANT TO PLAY ON XBOX AT APEX LEGENDS I MUST PAY THE [Mod Removed] WHY?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Question is always the same my dear friend. You need gold to play online. Which of those consoles has a service like game pass ultimate, Microsoft rewards or something? Include yourself in the rewards program and you will earn gold in no time. So, those kinds of services costs. If you need an explanation for reward program we are here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The reason it is a paid subscription is because of all the benefits that come with it. Secure servers, free games, huge discounts on games. You'd be crazy to not want that. It costs a lot of money to keep servers, online a little cash per month greatly assists Microsoft to keep these servers fast, secure and whatnot. 
Necromancers aren't as bad as they're made out to be. They're just really late healers.
GT: Ellarianora
Answers in English/한국어/中文

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can sign up to the microsoft rewards program, and then you will easily be able to earn enough points to then redeem for gold, It won't take long either, just a few minutes everyday.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Gold is required for online play on the XBox, it has been this way since the days of the 360.  The cost of it goes towards maintaining the MS Live servers as well as security.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It is easy to say why you pay for this Service, the XBOX Live Gold & Gamepass has even more Benefits as the Services of the other Manufacturer. For me it is ok.
If this helps please click 'Mark as Answer'!
Happy Gaming!
-Xbox Ambassador

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You don't have to pay for Gold. The choice is ultimately yours.

You are correct in that PS Plus is not needed for Apex Legends, but PS Plus is required for the vast majority of online PS games.

Xbox Live is required for playing it and almost all other Xbox games online, but I believe that overall it has better benefits than PS Plus such as Games with Gold.

I'm not going to try to convince you that gold is good, its up to you to decide whether you feel the benefits are worth the price.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

mmm...more services? mhmh, and why fortnite is total free to play? what services have in that game?

have you ever played in other consolels or pc? the cost of server is a lie because on steam you will play free online with ridicolous cost of games, and on ps apex is total free.

My intent is not to accuse any people, but it seems ridicolous to me, ok, the services(few) are there, but this does not seem right for me.

the cost is not valid then who knows what...

I never paid an online subscription service to play, it's not very nice to use something they give you as a brick 😅

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Gold is required for online play on the XBox, it has been this way since the days of the 360.  The cost of it goes towards maintaining the MS Live servers as well as security.

It's been that way since xbox live launched on the original.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Let me see,pay a cheap yearly sub for a secure live service with quite a few benefits or not pay it & have my details & debit card info at risk of being hacked like other platforms.Mind you,you pay for one of those other platforms online service & still they get hacked.

It's pretty simple,if you don't want to pay the yearly/monthly sub then don't,go play on one of the other platforms.

Running xbox live costs money & let's face it,a years sub is cheap & as the others have mentioned,using Microsoft Rewards makes it even cheaper or even free.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

if I had dealt with other platforms like steam (but also origin) trust me, you wouldn't say it, the last attack on steam's servers lasted 15 seconds without being able to enter them, while on xbox they made "down "the servers for a week if not more ... so it is not true that they are safer, those of playstation are **** regardless because they are managed by Donald Duck, a graduate in positioning broken bedside tables,  rewards can help, but in my opinion it does not block any problems regarding security, costs or better management.
two years ago while I was playing at a friend's house they stole his account while we were playing halo, we never managed to recover it, tell me if it is so normal that you pay a "secure" service and find yourself with money spent on the card (more than 160 euros) and impossibility of recovering an account ... I have been playing on the steam servers for the past 6 years and still after the countless games purchased and the endless hours of play nothing has ever happened, not even a attempt to steal the account, it will have been a coincidence, but it already makes one think of the mere fact that on pc I had subtracted an ubisoft account and within two hours I recovered it, and in that account I had all the Assassin's creed up to "unity" with paper (unfortunately) recorded ... in any case, in the time you record the card, a code sent via SMS is required, what also sets issuer as visa and mastercard with the otp...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 13, 2022 Views 2 Applies to: