Why have I yet to intercept a pass?

I have played my friend probably around 20-25 times since gettting the game.  In fact, the only games I have played have been against friends (none against the computer).

I have yet to intercept one single pass.  I am undefeated, but still it amazes me that I can't intercept the ball.  I have dropped interceptions, and swatted balls away... but still no interception.  My friends usually average about 1 a game against me.. the msot they have got was 3.  I still won the game, but what gives?

Can anybody tell me the correct way or button to press to intercept passes?  Thanks!!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I usually just press Y when the ball is in the air. Ive noticed of all the interceptions Ive recorded 9 out of 10 have been when the DB was jumping for the ball.

thats weird, Ive had a crap ton of picks. What team do you use?

Get gooder?

Gooder? Really?

It really depends on the team you are using, and more importantly the player you are using. I was playing teamplay and my friend literally dropped 6 picks because the safety or cornerback he took over had a terrible catching rating.

All  DB's should have bad catch ratings...that is  why they  are DB's.   Even user picks will be dropped.  It is harder to intercept the elite QB's for some reason...so if you  are using a bad DB against an  elite QB....a pick will  be less likely.

[quote user="MJEAST"]

All  DB's should have bad catch ratings...that is  why they  are DB's.   Even user picks will be dropped.  It is harder to intercept the elite QB's for some reason...so if you  are using a bad DB against an  elite QB....a pick will  be less likely.

[/quote]

Ed Reed's catch rating should be in the 80s at least, he would make a great receiver

haha catch rating? ya right. its completely random, just depending on which side the computer wants to favor in any given game.

I just played steelers vs dolphins and had 9-10 simple pick 6 opportunities and all were dropped. while they got a fumble recovery for a TD on a kickoff and another fumble recovery on my 10 yard line. It's scripted, if people cant see that they are blind.

[quote user="kissthis038"]

haha catch rating? ya right. its completely random, just depending on which side the computer wants to favor in any given game.

I just played steelers vs dolphins and had 9-10 simple pick 6 opportunities and all were dropped. while they got a fumble recovery for a TD on a kickoff and another fumble recovery on my 10 yard line. It's scripted, if people cant see that they are blind.

[/quote]

I dont think its scripted, but I just had a game with 8 picks, 4 of them were USER picks. I shouldve had about 11 but you cant catch everything

You need to time your picks better, that's all.