Why does the internet hate MW3?

Well this is now two more threads than I usually post a day, but I found another interesting article:

-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2011/nov/10/modern-warfare-3-internet-hatred

-

They look at some of the reasons behind why the metacritic users are attacking MW3, the comments sections are so brutal, etc. Thoughts?

Spoiler Alert: Dual skorpionz will say: Because it's terrible MW2.5

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Because of the tremendous success the CoD franchise has recieved.

Remember a few years ago when the New England Patriots went on their undefeated season, but lost to the Detroit Lions in the Super Bowl? There are already enough people that hate the Patriots, but the hate was 10X worse because of their success during the regular season.

Besides, people will hate anyway because humanity feeds on negativity and confrontation. FYI I love the Patriots.

Yeah, I never put much stock in what the masses, Teddy Bruschii or dual/trav1s says. I either like it or I don't.

Because we're tired of being given the same freaking game every year, with no changes whatsoever...You think I keep calling MW2.5 because I think it's catchy? If you want games to IMPROVE, you can't keep supporting this reskinned crap every year, on the same date, that's the SAME game as the previous game in the series...

[quote user="suppafinga"]

Because of the tremendous success the CoD franchise has recieved.

Remember a few years ago when the New England Patriots went on their undefeated season, but lost to the Detroit Lions in the Super Bowl? There are already enough people that hate the Patriots, but the hate was 10X worse because of their success during the regular season.

Besides, people will hate anyway because humanity feeds on negativity and confrontation. FYI I love the Patriots.

[/quote]

They lost to the Giants, not the Lions...and the perception of widespread hate was false. It was simply that New York is the Boston area's biggest rival...and everything to do with sports media, goes through New York first. 

[quote user="suppafinga"]Remember a few years ago when the New England Patriots went on their undefeated season, but lost to the Detroit Lions in the Super Bowl? There are already enough people that hate the Patriots, but the hate was 10X worse because of their success during the regular season.[/quote][quote user="suppafinga"]Remember a few years ago when the New England Patriots went on their undefeated season, but lost to the Detroit Lions in the Super Bowl? There are already enough people that hate the Patriots, but the hate was 10X worse because of their success during the regular season.[/quote]

It was the GIANTS! and everyone hates the Patriots because BOSTON SUCKS!

[quote user="dual skorpionz"]

Because we're tired of being given the same freaking game every year, with no changes whatsoever...You think I keep calling MW2.5 because I think it's catchy? If you want games to IMPROVE, you can't keep supporting this reskinned crap every year, on the same date, that's the SAME game as the previous game in the series...

[/quote]

This is like a pendulum going back and forth. You say the same things, I say the same things. It's pointless trying to debate and list off all the new things that MW3 added, but I'll do it anyway.

• New killstreak/pointstreak system to suit individual playstyles, over 15 new killstreak rewards and ability to assign to a class. Killstreak counter on the screen to keep track.
  • Weapon proficiencies and leveling system
  • Kill Confirmed and Team Defender game modes
  • Spec Ops Survival
  • Prestige Shop
  • COD Elite integration
  • Not to mention new iterations of every single weapon and equipment class in the game, new perks, weapons, maps, attachments, etc.
  • Daily and Weekly challenges, revamped challenges system

Yes, it's not an insane amount, and they aren't gigantic changes. No one should be expecting a reboot or massive change in this series. You obviously didn't read the article.

However, I the amount of changes makes it fun and fresh to me. And really, at the end of the day, what I don't understand is why you and the sudden influx of people that have never even played the game into this forum can't just let people play the games they want to play without insulting them.

-

And you STILL haven't listed any other changes to Battlefield besides the ones I said earlier: flashlights and prone.

[quote user="dual skorpionz"]They lost to the Giants, not the Lions...and the perception of widespread hate was false. It was simply that New York is the Boston area's biggest rival...and everything to do with sports media, goes through New York first. 

[/quote]

Ah yes the Giants, my mistake but you cannot deny the hate was worse that year in 2007.

@ your previous statement tell me what has dratically changed from BFBC1, BFBC2 and BF3? Some flying vehicles? A new engine that runs like *** on consoles? Yeah that's about it. I've played all three and there's not much that's changed except for guns, characters, vehicles and a few tweaks. Wait, isn't that what CoD does?

Yea I also hate to say it but this is the last call of **** I buy . Just a waste of money gonna beat that story and put it on ebay

Last statement is laughably ridiculous...lol...Doesn't even deserve a response. Go play Kiddie CoD, Livid.

[quote user="suppafinga"]

I've played all three

[/quote]

I find that very hard to believe, not impossible, just skeptical TBH.

If it is true, however, it just shows how un-perceptive you are, which is probably the reason, why you are content to buy every new COD game released, without question.