Why does music take so long to load?

When I load it from a USB drive, it takes so long to load, even the list of songs. Its been loading for 3 minutes, and the list wont show up.  And my xbox isnt frozen.  and there is nothing wrong with my USB memory.  Whats the deal?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Anywho, the best way of getting music load quickly is firstly on the dashboard and then play the game.

-

Although if I want to switch a music track and I'm playing a racing game, that's kind of hard because I gotta look at the remote and at the screen (unless the road is straight ahead for a while).

why did you bump this.

When I set up my wifi network with my new windows 8 computer, they all just synchronized. It was pretty convenient.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

Not everyone vcan run a cord from their PC.

[/quote]

You dont need too. You can use a program like tversity on your PC and your xbox will pick it up.

[quote user="Shtinky Wezel"]

When I load it from a USB drive, it takes so long to load, even the list of songs. Its been loading for 3 minutes, and the list wont show up.  And my xbox isnt frozen.  and there is nothing wrong with my USB memory.  Whats the deal?

[/quote]Contrary to what everyone is suggesting or saying that a system maintenance prompt is needed to get around this problem for the USB, or otherwise, doing these won't remedy the entire problem. This problem is related to how the original MP3's or music files were indeed ID tagged.

Load the song files up on your PC to select all of the songs, bring up the properties tab by right clicking the selection. Delete all of the useless ID tag information and descriptions and you should be ready to go.

This has happened to me numerous times, and the above method works a treat to solve the loading issues. Let me know how you go with the above, my friend.

Good luck!

Not everyone vcan run a cord from their PC.

Just try streaming music from your PC, like VoteDC said its damn near instant

All flash drives work with the xbox360 now.

@ Shtinky Wezel don't clear your memory. You want to try system maintenance. You want to go over to the far right under "Settings", select "System", highlight and select "Storage". Now highlight your Hard Drive and you should see the Y button pop up, press Y on your controller, highlight  "Clear System Cache" and select it. A message will pop up saying " This will preform maintenance, Do you want to continue ".  Highlight  "Yes" and select.

PS you can do this for your Flash Drive as well just replace Hard Drive with Flash Drive in the directions.

[/quote]

You are using a USB flash drive that is NOT compatible with the Xbox, that is all.  Try a Sandisk since they make the official Xbox USB flash drives.

My Xbox has about five gigs left, and my flash drive is filled.  And when u said to do system maintence.. Did you mean just to clear memory?  Or is there something I click called "system maintence"?

[/quote]Don't clear memory unless there is something seriously screwed up on your HD that affects everything on your system and it's the only way to get rid of it. It will wipe EVERYTHING off of your hard drive, including your gamertag which you would have to recover.