Why does it take so long for a match to be found

Just wondering why it takes so long for a match to be found when there are so many people playing?

I have opened up my NAT (the console is now in the DMZ of my router), but it takes a couple of minutes to meet up with enough players for a game to begin and there are thousands playing.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi. Ive got the same problem like the creators of this topic. I have DMZ mode on my router, open NAT and it took pretty long time to find a match, but game or modes doesnt matter at all.  Have someone found the solution of this sjtuation?

Thanks for the replies... I see I'm not alone with this problem then.

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

Wave 8?

Does anyone get stuck at wave 8? And in any case, it was a fair statement, given that Gears gives a pretty damn good search/gameplay ratio.

I am a Halo player, though, so anything's better than that is.

[/quote]

Well I was part of a team on Overpass yesterday that only got to Wave 8.  The idiots had dumped the Command Post in the corner and promptly scattered.all over the damn place.  So when the Boomers and Butchers came along they got over-whelmed.  So there was 3 dead Rambo-wannabes and me.  I like to think I'm decent at Horde but against half the Locust Heavy Infantry not a chance.

I was the only guy in the Command Post.

And yeah, I remember you from the Halo 3 forum.  I used to post there for a bit.  I stank at Halo but it was a great game.  Then Reach came out and ruined everything.

Wave 8?

Does anyone get stuck at wave 8? And in any case, it was a fair statement, given that Gears gives a pretty damn good search/gameplay ratio.

I am a Halo player, though, so anything's better than that is.

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

A couple of minutes, and then you get to stay with players you find, or play Horde for a fair while?

Wow.

[/quote]

A fair while?  Not if your team are morons and just whack the Command Post in any random place so that you barely get beyond Wave 8.

A couple of minutes, and then you get to stay with players you find, or play Horde for a fair while?

Wow.

Beast Mode takes forever.  Not as long as in the bad days of GoW2 but still a good 2-5 minutes.

beast mode seems to take the longest for me, also it seems in versus when region playin is around 1,000 to 2,000 it takes some time also

It took me 30 minutes yesterday to find a horde game. I clicked the find game button and went on my computer for a bit and almost forgot what was going on when the game suddenly started.

It's sad that it's dropped this quickly, probably not going to buy the first DLC (or any after for that matter) if it stays like this...

I thought it was really fast when the game was first released, but seems to have slowed down considerably.