Why does it seem everyone hates Gamestop so much?

If I had never heard of GameStop and only learned about it recently for forums, I would describe it as a witch that goes around murdering innocent babies while they read the Holy Bible and listen to God's voice.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

B/c all the cool ppl hate the man.

I don't hate Gamestop, they hate me.

I have no problem with them at all, though we don't call them Gamestop here. The place I go to is just about the best place to get games from, I love it.

Best customer service, of everything. So good :D

I don't hate them, but nearly everywhere else I look used games are cheaper. I just choose not to shop there. Apparently people have had problems with games being opened already that are placed in the new section. I haven't had this happen to me.

Probably because Gamestop rips people off in terms of trade-in value.  But then again, that problem could be easily solved by getting a job.

From what i read, repacking used games and selling them at retail and trade in value is pretty low even for recent games.

Douchy employees... weird customers... used and trade-in ripoff values... false information spreading...

False Information spreading is for real, I don't mind the store, I just don't want to talk to the staff about anything

[quote user="isturbo1984"]

weird customers

[/quote]That too, but it's not the stores fault.

The majority of GameStop stores and their employees suck and are generally unpleasant to be around. I'm lucky in that my local GameStop is full of people who actually enjoy gaming, only accept good condition used games, and are always hosting awesome midnight launch parties.