Why does everyone quit in MP?

Is it because the EA servers suck so badly, or because people are fickle in general that players are quitting matches so often? Granted I play a lot of matches with a lot of random players, perhaps maybe I suck badly.

But a lot of time seems to be wasted in these match lobbies, either I am always quick matched into a lobby where the match has just ended & everyone else is buying *** in the store & upgrading their players, or else there are just a lot of terribly slow & dumb people online who seem to have all the time in the world & just want to lollygag around because they have nothing better to do. Which is it?

Maybe it's both to some extent, because often times players will 'ready up' & then when it comes time for the game to load up, their connection craps out. I haven't been able to get a consistent 4-player game all day on Silver or Gold, either someone quits before the match even starts & we're rendered a weak 3-man team or some idiot gets incapacitated of his own accord & when no one either can or will or gets there in time to save him, he rage quits as if there aren't 8 more rounds to play...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Cannot speak for everyone else, but I quit when a real life issue comes up, or I get so tired after work I find myself nodding off with controller in hand.

Like HyperSMB, I've only quit a lobby due to similar reasons. I actually spent about 6 hours last night in MP, and fell asleep in front of my TV lol. Woke with a severe neck and back ache >.<

I've done the exact same thing as you guys before & that is a perfectly acceptable & reasonable exception. But I just find a lot of people online quitting on a regular basis, or at least having given the appearance of quitting, which makes the match more burdensome for those who stick around, thus making their chances of succeeding be dramatically reduced as a result.

It's worse when three people are readied up you wait 30 seconds...and the host quits.  Why?

It's the COD'inization of online gaming. People only care about doing individually well, not collectively well. So, when they're getting downed a lot or getting too many assists or not on top of the scoreboard, they back out.

[quote user="ColonelBoston"]

It's the COD'inization of online gaming. People only care about doing individually well, not collectively well. So, when they're getting downed a lot or getting too many assists or not on top of the scoreboard, they back out.

[/quote]

The one I notice most people quitting for is when they get downed real early.  Especially if they go down twice on waves one through three.  My response to them is, stop trying to solo the whole wave and you may not get downed so much.

[quote user="HyperSMB"]

The one I notice most people quitting for is when they get downed real early.  Especially if they go down twice on waves one through three.  My response to them is, stop trying to solo the whole wave and you may not get downed so much.

[/quote]

Ever notice they're usually playing as a human vanguard? I HATE playing w/ random human vanguards because they usually get downed a ton, they rarely (if ever) help during objective-based rounds, and they're usually the reason for a "partial extraction" on wave 11 because they're on the other side of the map spamming Nova.

[quote user="ColonelBoston"]

[quote user="HyperSMB"]

[/quote]

Ever notice they're usually playing as a human vanguard? I HATE playing w/ random human vanguards because they usually get downed a ton, they rarely (if ever) help during objective-based rounds, and they're usually the reason for a "partial extraction" on wave 11 because they're on the other side of the map spamming Nova.

[/quote]

Played on Bronze the other day and a dude had racked up 65,000+ points through 11 waves....and he still misses the flight home.  He was a Vanguard too.  What a jackass.

I also have had that experience lol I joined my first silver match ever the other night and really cant remember the names of the other players but around wave three two of the players dropped out leaving me and this asari adept and I was playing my salarian engineer well needless to say some how we actually finished the match.  So I must not be as bad at online gaming as I once thought lol

II was in a silver with three others

One player who kept getting killed quit on wave 10

Then another player who was on a pretty good run got disconnected by the servers

Given how well he was doing I'll take his word for it (unfortunately he was host and wave 10 started again)

I have little silver experience and it went to hell with two players.

Still I got 11 000 Credits.