Why does COD get so much hate for being similar?

But when Mega Man, Mario, Counter-Strike,almost every sports game ever, and Assassin's Creed and even the holy grail of gaming Half-Life does it. But almost all of those games get critical acclaim and people sin their pants at even a breath hint at a new one coming out. But even then, Call of Duty is a series. The fact that people are complaining about a gaming series being similar is just about the same as someone complaining about Harrison Ford appearing in all of the Indiana Jones movies and all of them having to deal with finding ancient artifacts while loving the fact that Tom Cruise appears in every Mission Impossible movie.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This is the world we live in. People complain no matter what. It's what they do. No matter what, you will always get people that complain and hate your product, especially when it becomes a franchise. People moan when Call of Duty stays the same. People moan when People Can Fly made Gears Judgment stand out from the other Gears. It's a lose/lose for developers.

Some people can't exept the thought that if there is too much change is not the same like the people that buy the Madden Games and Tiger woods games. They are sports games. You can't change a football game into a Get a gun and shoot the quarter back. Because then it wouldn't make sence. Sports games can't be changed. Neither can a FPS shooter sure you can change the textures the gameplay and even the way its presented. But it all comes down to shooting someone in their head.

1/3 of people who hate CoD used to be fans who no longer like it because it doesn't change enough, 1/3 hate it because of it's supposed effects on the industry, and the last 1/3 hate it because they're elitists who generally frown on console games, considering them overly simplistic hand-holders.

no people hate it when they change the game into something worse, like what happened with gears judgment, the game was different, which is fine, but the game sucked, which is bad. battlefield has had lots of changes through it's history while not only keeping the core gameplay but getting better in many ways, example, bad company 1 you could blow up building walls but in bad company 2 whole buildings could fall

I don't hate Call of Duty. I just don't like it that much any more. Other people are free to like it an play it.

i don't hate call of duty, i hate that lots of other games try to be call of duty.

Other games get criticized too. COD gets more because it's more popular atm. Simple.

@Unibrow: Blind hate is not criticism.

I find it amusing how you say Half Life does the same as COD.

Your comparison of Indiana Jones movies are also pretty wrong.

Lastly, we've advanced since the olden days....some of us expect more than more or less the same game every year.

Like a true Liberal, you rely only on insults and offer no evidence to back up your statements. Half-Life is literally the same game over and over. They just call it episodes.