Why does Bungie punish us for leaving games?

I have only left 3 games. That's all. I have left the first two because my two teammates bailed out and it was just me and some other guy against the other team of 4 players. We both bailed. I had to do this for 2 games!

The third game took place on a map called Utopie. I'm sure most of you have heard of it and know how this map gives the red team a major headache when it comes to spawn killing. The ridge above the RED team's spawn point is where the BLUE team camps and snipes. There is NO way you can complete objective games on a map such as this! The map is way too big and it would take way too long for you to capture the objective!

So the question I have is, why does Bungie punish us for leaving games? Whether you lose connection to Xbox Live, your entire team bails out on you, or there is a design flaw in the map that BUNGIE designed, not us!

I think it's a stupid idea that people get punished because they leave games!

If they do it excessively, I understand. It's annoying that people rage-quit the game. I think the players should just stick with it and maybe we can turn the game to our advantage if we just go a different route or change our tactics!

Besides, if my entire team bails out on me, I don't want to stick around and be the only player being killed while the players on the other team get a major boost in their K/D ratio because my team decided to abandon me.

Also, I was wondering how many games do I have to quit out of to be banned for 10 minutes? I have only quit out of 3 so I should be fine.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well, I just got banned for the first time because I lost connection to a game before it even started! This is a great system you have here Bungie. Now lets see how many gamers get infuriated enough and demand that you get rid of this feature!

One of the many problems that Reach has that has been talked about to death. Tolerate it and keep playing or go play another FPS.

It's been complained and complained about. But one thing has stayed true. For every person who hates the system, there are 10 who support it. This is one of the only games that makes you think twice before you *** your team mates over. You didn't like it when you were abandoned, which is exactly why the ban is in effect. Yeah, it sucks being a 1 man show where your only hope is to hide the match away or quit. But those matches don't happen often enough for you to be banned. Yes, quitting 4 games in a row might trigger a response. But the ban is only like 15 minutes anyway unless you choose to ignore the bans and keep quitting. Perfect time for a little break.

I'm a supporter of the system. If other games where to implement this feature into there games. In my honest opinion I think the online gaming community would benefit. Yes it has its bugs/problems but you have to think. This is the first game that does this and it can get better with time with the proper development

I just lost connection again and I've been banned, again. So, you tell me, does it sound like this is a great system for banning quitters? I'm not a quitter unless my entire team quits and leaves me to ROT! The system they setup basically says, it doesn't matter if you have lost connection mid-game, you're banned!

This system does not work. I have been in games where 2 people leave the opposite team and 1 person leaves my team. It happens quite frequently. The people who quit obviously don't care about this system and will quit anyway.

But, the problem comes with people like me who DON'T quit. I like seeing the game end unless I'm alone getting killed repeatedly by 4 opponents.

There are also gamers out there who lose connection sometimes. Maybe somebody else is using the computer without their knowledge and they get disconnected a 4th time and get banned.

If I were Bungie, I would set the quit limit to around 10 or 15. I don't think I could lose my connection 10 or 15 times in one day.

I've just been banned for a third time! Lost connection to the game and Bungie banned me! Thanks Bungie, your anti-quitting system really works (rolls eyes).

The people who quit don't care if they get banned. It happens all the time. The players like me who stay the whole game get banned if we even lose connection to a game!

Bungie, please, for the sake of this game I've been enjoying for the past few days now, fix this problem! My fun factor is going DOWN!

Sounds like you have a connection issue. I don't think it's Bungies fault you can't keep a connection for a full game. Go ahead and reset your router, open NAT, get a static IP, run a wired connection, and maybe do a speed test before you complain next time. Happy gaming!

[quote user="Jack Bauer XDG"]

I've just been banned for a third time! Lost connection to the game and Bungie banned me! Thanks Bungie, your anti-quitting system really works (rolls eyes).

The people who quit don't care if they get banned. It happens all the time. The players like me who stay the whole game get banned if we even lose connection to a game!

Bungie, please, for the sake of this game I've been enjoying for the past few days now, fix this problem! My fun factor is going DOWN![/quote]

...and to think, you wouldn't even be having this problem if you hadn't left those two games in the beginning of your evening simply because you were the last guy on your team.  Funny how that works... you quit those two games, yet... somehow, they shuldn't count against you because you were short handed.  Quitting is quitting, doesn't matter what the odds of the match are... you quit.. nuff said....

Lol see what I meant about that 1 complainer, 10 supporters deal?