Why do we keep getting attacked while sleeping?!

My wife and I built a house out of wooden planks, have a door, windows, even a fence going around the whole thing; and still when we sleep we get attacked. If we stay up the whole time nothing gets in. So are we missing something here or what?

Thanks in advance

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Happened to me too. Got jumped by a skeleton.

Anyone know how to stop this?

Its a glitch in Minecraft 1.6, it gets fixed in the later PC versions I believe. However, try placing your bed in the middle of the room, not close to any walls or anything like that. Also try keeping the room well lit.

Enemies will spawn in dark locations. They won't normally spawn immediately near you if you're in a dark spot but I suppose if you went to sleep, that could change.

-

I also switch to my sword when I go to sleep, just before the screen fades, in the event an enemy wakes me up.

When the player is sleeping, They're counted as a block. It doesn't matter if your house is dark; They'll still spawn in the light. Try moving your beds to take up a bit more space in the house so monsters can't spawn.

I did the sword thing, and we are about to move our beds. Wish us luck :D

I had this while in a game with a friend, couldn't set my spawn point because of this bug. I left the game, reloaded it on Peaceful and then we slept, then reloaded the game again back on normal and it seems fine, not had this problem since.

I haven't had the problem anymore.. maybe because I built my house in the clouds. Lol if you don't mind having a cloud fly through your house every once and awhile theres one solution.

Never played Minecraft until just today on the 360 and as much as I'd love to drop 1600 and get lost in the world of Minecraft I can't deal with the spawning of enemies while I try to sleep in some of the preconstructed homes (which are already well lit). I hope this gets fixed because it seems like a fun game but in order for it to be fun I have to know what I'm doing and getting attacked and killed every night isn't helping me learn anything.

TheBRADLeyB - you can change the game mode to peaceful, this stops enemies spawning completely :) Good way to learn the ropes and get used to everything. They said updates would be fast in order to get it up to speed with the PC version, so hopefully it won't be too long for that spawn bug to be fixed.