Why do people shoot me?

I know thats a rediculous question based on the idea of the game. But one of the most frustrating things I find about the game is when you get those "Why Me!?!?" times. ..... and I get them an aweful lot.

A few examples of what I mean:

A teammate is standing in the dorway firing out at the enemy. I run past behind him not even headed for the door and drop dead. teammate is still alive, gun blazing, and the killcam shows the killer firing at him or his muzzle flash. You can hardly even notice me.

Out in the open I'm running forward and a teammate is running across my path. I die. Killcam shows the enemy tracking my teammate shooting at him. Teammate lives through the gunfire but I die even though the enemy just made a one sweep acrossed wher I was.

Three or 4 of us spawn about the same time and rush away. Enemy pops out from somewhere and gets one suprise kill before dying. Yup ..... its me.

Two or three of us capping a flag. enemy rushes in and before anyone gets him he gets one of us..... me.

I'm sure everyone gets some of this. With all the bullets flying around its bound to happen. It just seems that a large percentage of the times I die, I'm not the intended victiom and the one whpo is walks away.

This particularly ticked me off today when I watched a killcam. An enemy was inside a doorway and spotted one of my temmates standing stil out in the open. He aims, has a perfect shot at my teammate's back, then instead of shooting, he drops ads, looked around the corner and saw me off in the distance creeping along somewhat under cover and shot me. It made me so stinking mad I backed out shut off the xbox and went outside to do some work.

the worst thing about it is, I always try to be inconspicuous. I'm not usually one to rush right in to where I know there are lots of enemies I use cb 99% of the time so I dont have a "shoot me" sign over my head, and I usually dont fire unless I know I've got a kill. The only time I really break that last rule is when I'm running an lmg for support. I dont know if I just have really bad luck or what. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

"I'm sure everyone gets some of this. With all the bullets flying around its bound to happen. It just seems that a large percentage of the times I die, I'm not the intended victim and the one who is walks away"

this sentence pretty much sums it up, I know exactly what you mean, I know this happens to every1 but I cant help thinking its a conspiracy against me, and only me wen it happens,  its just lucky I guess, or unlucky as the case may be.

I like it when I get shot and killed and I'm directly behind someone and yet, the guy he shot thru doesn't die.

you forgot spawning with a couple of your buddies beside you only to move 5 feet forward  and get hit with a random frag grenade from across the map everybody else lives,...i die

I just dont understand that part. How can the guy just stand there without dying, yet I get in the line of fire for a fraction of a second and die.  People complain about lag comp, but I think there's something with my internet that creates a vacuum and sucks all the bullets at me.

Another example I forgot and is something that has puzzled me over the years. It doesnt happen often, but i really dont get it happening at all. In ffa, Ill come across a couple guys battling it out and think I have a bit of time to take proper aim, and maybe even get both of them if I'm lucky. But one of them will just turn away from the battle and shoot me, then either he'll die or go back to his shooting at the other guy.

Something funny about that example though is I actually did it once in a knife fight on standoff. My sonm and I were chasing each other around in a fairly long knife battle when I happened to notice some dude just standing there as if he was just enjoying the show. I just ran over and stabbed him and went back to our little dance we had going on.  I suppose that guy felt the way I do when this stuff happens.

This may come off as WTF DID HE DID HEEEE, YO DID THAT FOOL JUST SAYYY, NAGHHH A BIT. But I actually stand back when I come up on a knife fight and wait for the winner and say in my mic ok im pulling my knife lets go. Yeah I be noble like that.

Noble will get you killed - if I was standing there, I'd shoot you for not being very smart.

I have had this phenomenon happen before, it's true. If there are 3 teammates in front of me and I'm in the back, why would the enemy choose the smallest target out of all of us to kill 1st (me)? You'd think they'd kill the guy who's closest to them or the more immediate threat. I guess players can be stupid like that.

Other peeves of mine:

- getting my aim dragged off of a target due to another enemy crossing his path.

- having auto aim kick in through a wall, but then leaving said target once he appears.

- teammates blocking doorways.

- teammates completely ignoring tags (red and yellow alike).

- teammates not paying attention to allies dying around them from other directions.

- and so, so many more...

[quote]...but I think there's something with my internet that creates a vacuum and sucks all the bullets at me.[/quote]

Replace "bullets" with "Hunter Killer Drones" and you have my story! Lol. Even if I just spawned with 2 of my friends; I die from those blasted things and they somehow live though it.

>

Peace, J.R.

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]
I have had this phenomenon happen before, it's true. If there are 3 teammates in front of me and I'm in the back, why would the enemy choose the smallest target out of all of us to kill 1st (me)? You'd think they'd kill the guy who's closest to them or the more immediate threat. I guess players can be stupid like that.

[/quote]   I remember an 8th grade history teacher telling us that in WWII they were taught to shoot the enemies in the rear first when possible. If you started in the front they would use the dead bodies as cover. Maybe thats the thinking, lol.

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]- teammates blocking doorways.

[/quote]

Playing nuketown  .... not sure which mode you spawn on a side near the shed. You know you have to move fast because there's always a darn sniper in the garage across the street. But countless times I have spawned there and go to run only to die as I get stuck on our own sniper laying on the ground in front of me.

[quote user="a tired old guy"]

I remember an 8th grade history teacher telling us that in WWII they were taught to shoot the enemies in the rear first when possible. If you started in the front they would use the dead bodies as cover. Maybe thats the thinking, lol.

[/quote]

Hmm, didn't think about that... I did see a scene in the HBO miniseries, The Pacific, where this actually happened: American soldiers shot so many Japanese that they had to remove the corpses off of each other just to have a line of sight to the enemy & prevent them from getting cover.

Although, I have to say, there are 2 problems with this line of thinking:

1) Although it's possible to use a body for cover, it likely won't stop a bullet unless said corpse has body armor of some kind or there's simply so many corpses that you have a veritable wall of flesh that can actually stop a bullet.

2) Why would anyone have this line of thinking in a video game where the bodies disappear and can be shot through as if they weren't even there (granted they can still be used for concealment, which I've done while prone)?

I tried looking for a video about the wall of bodies scene in The Pacific, but I could not find it (I'm not even sure I'd be allowed to post the scene on these forums). Despite this, anyone who loves war movies similar to Saving Private Ryan, here's a few that I highly recommend as a must watch:

Band of Brothers

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wlYPlwjGOY]

The Pacific

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e99B80crU3E]

Ken Burn's The War

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEItXS35g8o]

Forgive me if this is woefully off-topic, but WW2 is 1 of my favorite topics and I wanted to share some of the best from that topic that I've seen.