Why Do People Have To Argue?

Ive noticed that recently, more than normal, alot of people seem to just argue. I can go into a lobby and talk to a friend and because im English, get slated for my language? Is the world really coming to such a immature level? Or is it just some people are xbox warriors? Be nice to find some people who are respectable, mature and love to have fun gaming.

Anyone else finding this problem?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I actually played MW3 last night for a few hours and nobody said anything derogatory. It was fun. First time that ever happened.

I used to play Hardcore SnD on Black Ops all the time and ive now started playing Hardcore Headquarters because of the amount of abuse you got from the game chat. I dont get why people just cant have fun gaming and stop the trash talking.

I have noticed from past experience that S&D can bring out the worse in people.  Yeah it is pretty bad and I have been experiencing it since cod 3.  I attempt to be nice to everyone unless I am verbally attacked by an angry little kid that got mad I beat him 5 games in a row even though my lobby leaderboard stats are lower than theirs. But for the most part I am a nice person, I travel a lot and have spent some time in several countries Including England, and when you meet people from different backgrounds you treat them with the same courtesy you would expect them to treat you.  

If everyone were nice to each other then their would not be a need for wars.  

No what you mean it's just constent slagging off!!! :/

[quote user="I GUMMYBEAR I"]

Ive noticed that recently, more than normal, alot of people seem to just argue. I can go into a lobby and talk to a friend and because im English, get slated for my language? Is the world really coming to such a immature level? Or is it just some people are xbox warriors? Be nice to find some people who are respectable, mature and love to have fun gaming.

Anyone else finding this problem?

[/quote]

You know people can be jerks when there behind a tv but rest assured people yell at you that's why you got the mute button my friend. They swear at you use the in game player report system and report them for offensive language. I think that people get into there virtual world and go nuts, forgetting it's just a video game.

arguing is just a way of life. look at any game played in real life reguardless if its little league, school sports or professional theres always arguments and fights. if you can't handle it don't play it or use party chat if you just want to talk to your friends. i myself just mute people.. its very simple to do in this game unlike some games. as far as reporting people thats just more of a pain in the a$$ with the xbox user interface. they could have actually made it a lot more simple than it is.

I just get over it and move on.  If the person is really annoying me, I put him on the avoid players list, and I never have come across a person after putting them on the list, in any game.  It works.  If they are playing loud annoying music a good mute will help.  other than that I rather enjoy it when someone is getting upset after I kill them 10 plus times. They yell at me and I just remain quiet!  It gets them every time.  

Yeah, the internet has created this generation of people that thinks they can be a total *** on live. They don't have to face people, so they try and be tough and funny, things that they are incapable of doing in real life. My mother and siblings taught me better. I would've gotten put in my place growing up.

-

Ignore them, mute them, beat them at the game if you can (this really riles them up), and kill them with kindness. Treyarch was smart enough to put a quick mute button in this game. On a side note, wow, Treyarch is so much better than Infinity Ward. Ha.

-

Finding cool people online can be tough. There a lot of people trying to build their egos, as things in "real life" keep them down. This makes them feel better, in some sick demented twisted way. they don't realize that you can be competitive and try to win, and NOT be a total a^^face.

-

I've found that finding friends, or playing with cool people, online is much easier in co-op games. A lot of people are there to work together, and it brings out the good in them. The heart of my friends list is still from playing Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter 2, Army of Two, and Splinter Cell: Double Agent. I met people on achievement forums, lots of people, and a select few stuck around for the long haul.

-

There are some really cool people out there, but they are the 1%. Truly.