Why do I die so easily?

I have played for not to long now and I have noticed I have been dieing really easier lately. Like it only takes me 2 shots from a DMR to die and I have to shot a guy 6 times in the head for him to die. Takes me 2 shot gun shots to kill a guy from 5 feet away. Then it takes a guy to shoot me once from 15 feet away.

Starting to get upset and even started to quit games. Not my style.

Is there ways out there that can do this to me or is it that I'm really that bad?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I can't see why this might be? I suppose it could be permanent horrible lag or maybe you are just really bad? (BTW your shields do differ depending on what game your playing e.g. the difference between swat and slayer)

It could be multiple people shooting at you at the same time.

I thought it was some sort of lag. But I know I have the best high speed and just got a new Gateway 5 days ago. But it's still the same stuff. I like Reach and the game modes it has. But I'm at the point when I'm about to play something else.

1. Isn't the shields the same for everyone?
  2. Does anyone know what weapons do to kill someone? Say a DMR 2 shots in head. Shot gun 1 shot close range.

I just played another round and I had to shoot a guy 3 times in the head with the snippier. See what I mean?

Either team shooting, lag, or both.

You know I question this as well. if someone wants to check out my Reach Stats go ahead. I am not that good actually only have an .88 k/d but My "One Shot" is onyx. Which is what I do not understand.  How am I a head shot expert but I lose alot of one on one battles?  Sure hints that Bungie gives ya.  Losing alot of DMR battles? slow your shots down and watch your reticule.  Ya ok I slow my shots down and still lose the battle.  

Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) is a 5-shot weapon regardless of how far you are from your target.  4 body shots + 1 head shot= DEAD.  As for the 3 shots to the head with a Sniper rifle.  It's either Lag, reticule trickery (sometimes the crosshairs light up red but you're actually aiming at a rock the guy is hiding behind), or you're terrible.  I have been killed multiple times in SWAT on Cage where the other guy shot me through a wall.  Check out your Network Status.

Sounds like network issues.  There's no way that you have full shields and die by two shots from a dmr.

[quote user="BIGB EC"]

[/quote]

Where did you find your sig at?  That gives you information that I can not find on Bungie.net.  Is that a mobile app?

[quote user="Yo Kandy Man"]

[quote user="BIGB EC"]

[/quote]

Where did you find your sig at?  That gives you information that I can not find on Bungie.net.  Is that a mobile app?

[/quote]

egh.  Nevermind the answer was staring me right in the face.  Now that I found it it won't let me use it as my sig.  Forum settings tells me invalid function.

[quote user="BIGB EC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

egh.  Nevermind the answer was staring me right in the face.  Now that I found it it won't let me use it as my sig.  Forum settings tells me invalid function.

[/quote]

Won't let me use it any more either. Dumba-ss bastards add one thing just to take it away. @ the op sometimes there are four people aiming at you making you wonder WTF. I played a game in MLG against really good players and they knew where I would spawn and kill me before I had a chance to figure out where on the map I was. Might not have been as bad if my team stayed in but it was me v 4. Sometimes you play really good people.