Why do I always get delay/lag when playing with a wired connection?

Here are some things I feel you need to know:

NAT is open.

All ports forwarded.

Tried power cycling.

Connection is wired into my Linksys WRT160N router with an undamaged Ethernet cable.

My connection speed is the following: http://www.speedtest.net/result/1420661412.png

Whenever I play games, all my actions are delayed. In Halo Reach, if I toss a grenade, the grenade doesn't actually toss until about a second after. Same with meleeing someone. If I melee someone, they don't get hit until 1-2 seconds after the animation, and it really screws up my games. What can I possibly do? I have my laptop on the net while playing xbox live btw.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Disabling the laptop's access to the web while on XBL would be a good start. The rest of it is most likely the internet being the internet. On your speed test results it says you ran the test between your location and Detroit whereas when you're on XBL you could be connected with people a considerably further distance away from you which would cause lag.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Is this problem quite common?

Sorry this didn't help.

Does this happen in only one game or all games? What type of tv do you have? Make and model?If your tv has a game mode, select that and see if you still get lag.

Also, you should run three tests on speedtest.net; one close to you (in your region), one far from you (in another region) and one in between. That will tell you if it your connection affecting this or not.

Sorry this didn't help.