why do certain people have on-going feuds when it comes to boosting

i was just curious. it's not their fault they found reliable and trustworthy people to return favors paid in full after they get the cheevos the group demanded to be happy. so why all the hate. boosting and playing legit nets you the achievements in their own perspective way. i for one found boosting to be more fun since theres more interaction with groups and inovative ways to work towards particular achievements for a much quicker and better pace.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Exactly certain things are acceptable and others are frowned apron. For example MW2 before the 10th prestige lobbies there was the riot shield boost for exp. (Many people think you should get to the next rank without any shortcuts.) Now lets say you want to play Halo 3/Reach and you just want to get a perfect gamer-score and you just need help getting the campaign/multi player cheevos that is not bad compared to the other type of boosting.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="Tatakai no Kami"]

[quote user="Unreal Warfare"]

Never played Halo Reach Legendary on Sword Base for quick credits then.

There was also the Elevator glitch in Rainbow 6 Vegas too. Think that got patched out.

Boosting is just farming/grinding. The end result is still the same. No problem with it as long as it doesn't affect a public multiplayer vs match.

[/quote]

Oh, yeah done that, but I don't consider that boosting as the AI is still trying to kill you, that's as you said farming or Grinding. Now if there was a booster skull you could turn on that made the AI spawn and run up to you and stand still, then I would see it as boosting.

I differentiate boosting and grinding, because grinding still pits you against AI or opponents who are trying to kill or defeat you. You just have to put in the long hours to grind it out and then often the victory cry is something like " Finally I got that last damn grind of an achievement. Now I'm gonna snap this disk!"*

*disclaimer: Have never actually snapped a disk.

[/quote]

Even on Legendary, once you get to that sweet spot on Sword Base, it's very hard for the AI to kill you. Getting there is more of a grind than boosting the commendations.

Boosting is just another way of levelling up fast. Some may not agree with it, but if it's not hurting your game it's not really a problem.

I dont care if people cheat in SP because that's their own personal experiance but when you boost in multiplayer and ruin the fun of others then that's no fun and kills the experiance for others.

I used to like playing FFA in MW2 -

Boosters ruined that.

thats a cute perspective... its still cheating.

[quote user="Unreal Warfare"]

Never played Halo Reach Legendary on Sword Base for quick credits then.

There was also the Elevator glitch in Rainbow 6 Vegas too. Think that got patched out.

Boosting is just farming/grinding. The end result is still the same. No problem with it as long as it doesn't affect a public multiplayer vs match.

[/quote]

Oh, yeah done that, but I don't consider that boosting as the AI is still trying to kill you, that's as you said farming or Grinding. Now if there was a booster skull you could turn on that made the AI spawn and run up to you and stand still, then I would see it as boosting.

I differentiate boosting and grinding, because grinding still pits you against AI or opponents who are trying to kill or defeat you. You just have to put in the long hours to grind it out and then often the victory cry is something like " Finally I got that last damn grind of an achievement. Now I'm gonna snap this disk!"*

*disclaimer: Have never actually snapped a disk.

It's a cheap tactic, but as long as people keep that type of boosting within a private match, and don't interfere with other people's games, I don't see it as a problem.

Boosting in SP or Co-op games is one thing, the problem is when this happens in MP games, if that's what you mean.

I have boosted some games achievements. Never have I boosted leaderboards or in game awards unless they are tied to achievements and even then only when a game is dead.

As a booster I can see the other side. There are people with 100% legit gamerscore and if they are competing on gamerscore leaderboards then us boosters are cheating those gamerscore leaderboards.

My response is isn't this all just gaming for fun and if we have paid for the console and games shouldn't we be allowed to have our fun provided it does not directly affect someone else's in game fun.

I find leaderboard boosting to be the absolute essence of cheating. Those who boost to derank others only do it in order to ruin the fun and experience for everyone else whilst vainly promoting their own name, and as such, I think those selfish people should be banned or penalized for their actions.