Why did dice pick this map for the beta?

If they released caspian border they would scare off the COD crossover crowd , this imo is dice's way of tempting in new BF players. Will it put off BF fans? No of course not,we all whine about it because its what we do , theres no pleasing some people BUT for all the whining and the "battlefail" comments we will all still buy it , even the "ive had it with dice/EA" crowd. You know you will so stop harping on about it , stop examining the textures and PLAY , i defy anybody not to have fun , its a good solid game and the full release will be fine...........next year ;)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

As much as i know the final product will be amazing.. as much as i know this beta is one huge mistake. Old build, a rush map.. terrible. I see why ppl complaining. I dont understand why they are so ignorant..

I really dont know why there are so many people getting so wound up by it though its really not that bad , i dont even think the graphics are bad ,  the soldiers in killcam look pretty poor but i really dont know what the problem is with the rest of the game textures...........honestly i think i must be playing a differant game to everyone else. Im a conquest man myself but i love this . i expect glitches , ill expect them in the full release but ill just ignore them like i do now cos there really isnt that many.

One thing i will say i found the default brightness to be way too high and the game looked washed out , the underground section especially looked shocking but spending a few minutes tweaking it and it came to life.....the lighting in this game specifically in the underground is fantastic , im already surprised at how good it looks and how well it runs but obviously im playing something else ;)

lack of destruction and vehicles would be my guess.

I've noticed that some of the fire looks really blocky from a distance and some of the textures in the first area are a bit cack,but this is a beta and from looking at the operation guillotine gameplay you can see it's more polished,i would rather they spent time fixing bugs and polishing up the final release than polishing up a 13 day beta.Anyway once the bullets start flying i didn't notice the graphics.

I am quite pleased with the Beta so far,After reading all the comments i expected worse than i got.

They showed Operation Metro in all the game events. Now with the beta, you can evenly compare how the game performs on the different platforms.

Caspian Border is in the beta, for pc.            www.youtube.com/watch?v=176QL9o-zbI

[quote user="iXxDeathGodxXi"]

Caspian Border is in the beta, for pc.            www.youtube.com/watch?v=176QL9o-zbI

[/quote]

Only like 20 servers. Always full. All password locked. If you manage to get the password, it'll eventually change.

I have to agree this map was a mistake. If you think about the betas and demos past they give a good overview of the actual product. The Demo for BF2 was Karkand, the demo for BC was Oasis, the demo BC2 was Port Valdez.

I don't understand why they chose a map with no vehicles,BF is known for vehicle combat. I don't mind that it is a rush map since I prefer rush, but I wanted to see how the vehicles handle in this game.