[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzWLZfG0yQ4]

Your thoughts?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

MY thoughts are that 3arch does not focus on PRO Gaming.

3arc focus's on the community way more than IW does.

3arc is the entire reason that CoD went downhill....

I blame WaW for the downfall of competitive gaming in CoD....

MP40 Steady Aim, 360 proxy low visibility betties. Nuff said.

Activision on the other hand wants to bring back the pro feel.

People used to get hooked to the game to be good at it.... until noobs were catered to.

Activision wants to give people a reason to play the game again.. competitive... what IT SHOULD BE.

but 3arc is all about catering to the community, to the randoms, to the leisure players, not the serious ones..

And thats when you get cruddy CoDs with things like Target Finders for people who can't aim, or MMS for people who just didn't know how to look at thier mini-map with a UAV.

------

All I want is for noobs to stop being catered to.

Shotguns are way more effective in these CoDs compared to back in the day....

Why?

Noobs cant Aim.. Give em a way to keep up with the rest of us....

No...No...No...No....No.

I may also want to add, the players of CoD at any given time keeps diminishing...

The fan base is getting lower. people buy the game, but less people are CONTINUING to play it...

If it falls off, then no one will want to play it..

I believe activi$ion is trying to get the numbers back up,

3arch just wants casual players to like it more... in the end... lowering the numbers.

-----

5-600,000 players online on release...

300,000 throughout the years...

Down to 100,000 or less currently.

Coincidence? nope.

The numbers are hitting a very low spot.

The reason I think they cater to "noobs" as you call them (I prefer the term casual player since it's less derogatory) is because it gives them a larger market. If they have a game where the learning curve is too high and inaccessible to the casual player, then the developers will actually lose money because nobody will want (or be able) to play it, so nobody will buy it. The challenge is to find the sweet spot in the middle where you can create a game that is easy to learn, but hard to master.

kind of useless to ask the so called hard core gamers since their the ones crying nerf anything that kills me

and do they really want feedback from hardcore groups like MLG ( 90% retarded preteens )

I think its good to cater to the "pro" gamers in theory, but as rhino suggests, that theory doesnt really work in practice.

Something is good until they die by it, then it becomes noob. From what I've seen they are more about reflexes than anything. I like a challenge and the so-called pros dont seem to like any kind of challenge other than who's faster..

In a perfect world, everything would be spread even. But since we can't have that, the majority of people that play the game are casual players that may be competitive but in pubs, not competitive settings. I feel they should be focused on instead of the "Pros" I also like how he mentions Hardcore players because I can play core just as well if not better than hardcore however I enjoy hardcore a lot more and I'd like to see more options in the hardcore playlists as well as more competitions for hardcore players because it seems to me that all the MLG events are core only (I might be wrong here, I'm not sure). But I don't expect to see any changes any time soon.

[quote user="xX AniiMal v3"]

MY thoughts are that 3arch does not focus on PRO Gaming.

3arc focus's on the community way more than IW does.

3arc is the entire reason that CoD went downhill....

I blame WaW for the downfall of competitive gaming in CoD....

MP40 Steady Aim, 360 proxy low visibility betties. Nuff said.

Activision on the other hand wants to bring back the pro feel.

People used to get hooked to the game to be good at it.... until noobs were catered to.

Activision wants to give people a reason to play the game again.. competitive... what IT SHOULD BE.

but 3arc is all about catering to the community, to the randoms, to the leisure players, not the serious ones..

And thats when you get cruddy CoDs with things like Target Finders for people who can't aim, or MMS for people who just didn't know how to look at thier mini-map with a UAV.

------

All I want is for noobs to stop being catered to.

Why?

Noobs cant Aim.. Give em a way to keep up with the rest of us....

No...No...No...No....No.

[/quote]

This all made me lol

@NewFound--MLG is core gametypes, but friendly fire is ON, and spawn delays. Thats the main differences. Perks, SSRs, attackments, and equiptment are almost ALL available and the same as pubs.

I know friendly fire is on but I like killing with the first shot, and I like having to call people out not look at the mini map to see where firing is coming from. I feel that it just adds a little bit more to the strategy that is involved in the game play. I'd like to see Hardcore introduced into MLG

--

As for normal pubs I'd like to see more choices than SnD, Cap, TDM and KC. Hardcore kind of gets forgotten about and I do understand that less people play it than core but I feel it deserves more than 4 game modes.

[quote user="A K0REAN NUKE"]

Why?

[/quote]I'll give you the answer! Terrible maps. They're so small they're effective in at least half of the map on every map, usually more. The maps are so small and terribly laid out that the spawns switch constantly and you're always in someones face. Why would you NOT use a shotgun?