Why DICE is campaigning hard on PS3

This week, the Battlefield 3 Xbox 360 ranked as the No. 4 best-selling pre-order title at Gamestop.com.

The Battlefield 3 PS3 SKU ranked No. 13 in the same period.

http://news.punchjump.com/2011/08/18/battlefield-3-ps3-xbox-360-pre-order-chips-top-15-at-gamestop/

Also DICE mentioned (more than 3/4-1 a year ago) that the Xbox verision was 3-4 weeks behind.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

so your saying dice are pushing ps3 (footage etc) because sales are down? Not because sony and EA have some kind of deal?

Strange, from what i heard, they always develop´the xbox version first when developing for both consoles if they do the opposite it´s a real pain in the a.s.s for the developers...

Ummm, maybe it is because as someone above me said, maybe Sony and EA have a deal worked out. MS isn't the only company that makes deals with devs and pubs.

Yeah, EA and Sony are in bed together, just like M$ and Activision.

Sony paid more for exclusives for the PS3 while MS focused more on kinect and existing franchises.

What exclusives...?

probably because they know the 360 will have a big following and they are trying to get the PS3 community excited....

and Im sure the PS3 will have better graphics (at least a little bit better) than the 360 product so they would rather showcase the PS3 version to the console community.

Maybe it's because every time you turn around xbox is fluffing activision and mw3.

IMO 360 will be exactly the same graphics or slightly better than PS3.usually the case on cross platform console games.

Who really knows the truth.  I heard the PS3 paid them money to advertise. Though I do not like what they have done.  I am still looking forward to the game.  I would however be happier to see footage on the 360