Why Dead Island is probably gonna suck

Damn I only just found out that the game is running on the Chrome Engine 5 and is developed by Techland.

If you want to know why that's a bad thing, read the reviews on Call of Juarez the Cartel. Pfff this isn't going to end well....

IGN:

The Cartel looks like a game from several years ago. Textures are constantly popping in, and it's downright garish at times. On top of this, characters are constantly clipping through things, magically reappearing ahead of you when they were just behind you, and sometimes even speaking when they're already dead. It's hard to even start to get into the story when you're constantly seeing generic, poorly made environments and cloned character"

Gamespot::

But what The Cartel needed wasn't inspiration--it was repair. The game is coarse and buggy, particularly on the PlayStation 3, where pauses and hitches too often interrupt the flow.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Zen Like Calm"]

[quote user="Bad Instincts"]I don't get the hate for CoJ games ; i loved the first and planning to get Bound in blood soon; the 3rd can wait [/quote]I've played all three.  It was the only third one (The Cartel) that went downhill....badly, and is nothing like the first two, which were quite good.

[/quote]

But the second one does play like Cowboys of Duty. I have rage quit the hard play through twice now. almost a third time when At the end of the second mission you have to destroy the riverboat and the magic snipers kept head shotting me the second I moved. But I perservered only rage quit during the carriage escape. Well not so much rage quit as there was no tantrums or throwing of controllers of snapping of disks. I just cursed and quit in frustration and played something more fun.

i never played the first, but i heard it was good, i loved the second it looked beautiful and played great.

BUT, the third was horrible, looked and played crap...

As for Dead island, i'm willing to give it a try, looks kinda fun.

[quote user="ChickinOnaChain"]Fair enough and good point Fidel.  TBH...games on islands rate pretty high with me.  The PC version or Far Cry is one of my all time favorites.  And DI being on an island, has me wanting to see the game.  I had a friend send me a video of it, where it was shown in reverse and slo-mo and it did look pretty good.  I just wish there was more to it besides zombies.  I'm just afraid I'd get bored with it, if there's nothing more than killing them.[/quote]It's a RPG with a fully open world to explore, complete with people to meet and sidequests to fulfill. There is also 4 player drop in drop out co-op. It seems like you are under the impression that this is a FPS. That would be incorrect.

Judge a game that isn't even out yet! oh btw Game play is what you should be aiming for not just graphics! I hate when people judge a game off graphics and not game play story and how much fun it is! I also hate when people judge a game before they even played it! It's like saying the new spiderman movie sucks!!!!! even though it hasn't been released yet! Hopefully the game will be fun! I don't care about graphics I just want fun game play and replay value!

I'm willing to gamble on Dead Island.  4 player co op game pegged Fallout with zombies is for me.

I'm still on the fence about this one.  It looks good, but I'm already buying like 4-5 games in the next month or two.  Not sure if it will make the cut or not. I'm going to try to rent it first.

Most of the reviews have been good so far. The highest I've seen is 9.3.

I don't think that the game is going to suck because the Cartel got bad reviews. However I dislike the hype about Dead Island for various other reasons such as the style used in the game.  All I see is muscle dudes with tattoos wielding machetes and half naked women, then lots of splashed blood. Looks like it is kind of cheesy and trying to attract teenage boys to it. It could be trying too hard, and miss out on substance.

[quote user="FidelCastr067"]

[quote user="ChickinOnaChain"]

[quote user="Notoriious BAM"]

Unless you have played it, don't pass judgement on the game. Simple as that.

[/quote]What if you hate and/or are sick and tired of zombies in games? 

[/quote]

That just means your opinion is biased and has nothing to do with the game sucking or not.

[/quote]Fair enough and good point Fidel.  TBH...games on islands rate pretty high with me.  The PC version or Far Cry is one of my all time favorites.  And DI being on an island, has me wanting to see the game.  I had a friend send me a video of it, where it was shown in reverse and slo-mo and it did look pretty good.  I just wish there was more to it besides zombies.  I'm just afraid I'd get bored with it, if there's nothing more than killing them. 

i Heard dead island took part in the holocaust and 9/11, its gonna suck (extreme sarcam)