Why can't we skip cinema sequences in Story Mode?

Seriously developers? This is so annoying. I know that you are proud of them, but we don't need to see them over and over. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can only skip them in the play through after. Also, you only receive 10 koins per battle any other time after.

bugs me too, bugs me even more that i cant pause it during them. but i only have to beat shao kahn with raiden now so...

So... you want to play "Story" mode and you don't want to see the story? Do you go to Movie Theaters and close your eyes?

I go to movie theaters in hopes of viewing something saturated with cinematic artistry fit for the refined palate. The story behind the characters of Mortal Kombat is, even by the horrendously low standards by which contemporary literature is judged (and most definitely the standards of previous generations), complete garbage that is better used for kindling than reading or viewing. However, the game itself is quite entertaining, and I have been playing them since the very original.

In sum, I go to movie theaters to see movies; I don't play story mode on Mortal Kombat 9 for the story -- I do it so that I can unlock/complete various elements.  

Oh well. Looks like you have no choice and have to sit through them for the first time. (And rightfully so) Enjoy!

I agree with OP although the question has been answered so I'm throwing my observation out there but anyway its funny.  I had multiple occasions where people say "oh you skip cutscenes?".  Then they come up with stupid analogies such as this Mewtwo guy came up with.  I've had people like him bring similar complaints up to me.  When they don't even have the game on their gamercard or haven't played in a while.  Usually have less achievements than I and no where near as much as time spent on the game as I have spent.  its just ironically funny cause these people complain "oh you play a game to skip a cutscene?  Oh but you you dont get the whole experience meh!"  Yeah well I have more time played, more modes done, more things accomplished who really is the one is the one who hasn't played this game me or you?

Yeah, but then if you dont see the whole story than your going to be confused about what other people are talking about with the story. So you cant skip the cut scenes, deal with it or go cry to your mommy about how the bad people at NRS forced you to watch something you dont or didnt want to see. Dont want to see the cut scenes dont play story mode, simple as that. Your not forced to play story mode just like your not forced to buy the DLC. There are other modes to play if you dont want to watch the cut scenes.

I myself was interested in the story, its just annoying when you have took a break from the game to come back and have to watch the last one again, because some are a few mins long. But its not a big deal since you can skip after the first play through.

And about pausing in cutscenes (though i dont think anybody else has mentioned it) my home can get abit chaotic so an option to pause would be nice becaus i sometimes miss out parts of a scene or the sound gets drowned out. Then theres stuff like getting a phone call, somebody at the door etc.

[quote user="Koompbala"]

I agree with OP although the question has been answered so I'm throwing my observation out there but anyway its funny.  I had multiple occasions where people say "oh you skip cutscenes?".  Then they come up with stupid analogies such as this Mewtwo guy came up with.  I've had people like him bring similar complaints up to me.  When they don't even have the game on their gamercard or haven't played in a while.  Usually have less achievements than I and no where near as much as time spent on the game as I have spent.  its just ironically funny cause these people complain "oh you play a game to skip a cutscene?  Oh but you you dont get the whole experience meh!"  Yeah well I have more time played, more modes done, more things accomplished who really is the one is the one who hasn't played this game me or you?

[/quote]

I am by no means done playing the game. I can play it for months or year and take my time. I'm in no hurry. I already experienced Story mode so it isn't like I haven't played it and am talking like I know something.

If you think you need to play it everyday to get "more" out of it then that's fine. I didn't buy it for online multiplayer. In fact I haven't played one match online yet. But I have played story mode and ladder. Which Ladder to me is old School MK. That is good for me.

It's funny how you think you have any point to your post with what you say. Yet you have none because I HAVE played the game and completed the Story Mode. This topic WAS about Story Mode. Not Multiplayer. So my post does have merit. I am talking about something "I" did or experienced. Not like I was talking about something I didn't even play.

Oh also what is the point of your post? Did  you help the OP? Did you have a point to make? Is it that I don't play the game every day? What exactly IS your point? Or did you just feel the need to say something cause you think you are all that?

No seriously. Care to explain that?

Sorry I don't play the game every day and that I have many many more games to play then just one.

I think most people who skip cutscenes are just impatient, or are in a hurry to finish it so they can trade the game in for something else. That's ok, no one's perfect, but don't live in denial. :)