Why cant I watch TV through Xbox One and at the same time stream a game to a windows 10 device??

Why cant I watch TV through Xbox One and at the same time stream a game to a windows 10 device??

If we can "snap" TV while playing games on Xbox One, why can't we watch TV and stream at same time?  I know the Xbox can only do one thing at a time but come on...what's the point of streaming my Xbox to another room if its just gonna use both screens for the same thing?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

A work around that I have found is to download your cable/inter providers app from the Xbox Store to watch Live TV although the amount of channels you will be able to watch will be limited.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As Feared stated, the Xbox One strictly mirrors to the PC and the dual function is not supported at the moment. If you have any other questions please feel free to review the Troubleshooting Xbox app Game Streaming on Windows 10 support page. If it's not answered there feel free to let us know and we'll try and get you an answer.

Sorry this didn't help.

Tv on Xbox is protected content and therefor can't be streamed to another device. Also when streaming you grab your screen from the Xbox One which is then projected through the Xbox App. You can still watch TV but not through the Xbox One, you would have to get a splitter or manually change the cable

Sorry this didn't help.