Why cant I Use my name on my Gamer Profiel

Hi my Name is Steve i have recently purchased  a xbox360 and joined xbox. I was trying to fill out my Gamer profiel and i Tryed to put Steve as my name and it says its inappropriate. I have also says tryed  same thing when i put Sacramento in my locathion. Can you please help me and thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I've had this issue when trying to change certain things on my profile and have given up and tried again later at which point it's worked straight away, don't know why but it did, also may be worth trying to change it on the Xbox website if you've been trying on console, or on your console if you've been trying to change it online.

To edit profile online try this link (you'll need to sign in)...live.xbox.com/.../GamerProfile

Also just to clarify, you are trying to set your name to steve aren't you, not your gamertag? Your gamertag has to be unique, so steve will already be taken, if this is the case, try putting some numbers after it or using 5 as S, 3 as E etc.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Dooks. This thread is OLD. Please don't dig up super old threads. Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.