Why can't I play OFFLINE with all my games ? DRM problem ?

Hi everybody,

It's a long time I wonder this : why, in my games library, can't I play offline with a lot of games, while I can play with some others ?

Exemple : I can launch State of Decay but not Shadow Complex, both purchased on the XBLA.

Another exemple with 2 games offered by Games With Gold : Bioshock Infinite is OK but not Assassin's Creed 2 (I have to connect internet for playing with it)

I don't think it could be a licence problem, because I have downloaded ALL the games with the same console. Is there a possibility that editors just put a DRM in some games in particular ?

Moreover, I noticed some weird icons of Xbox controller at the bottom of each note card :

- a semi controller with dotted line (for demo/trial versions, actually)

- a complete controller (you can play even offline)

- a complete controller with a disk in front  (= disk installation =  you need the original disk to play)

- a complete controller with a kind of triangle ----> some will work offline, but not others ---> WHY ??

Is there a FAQ for these symbols ?

Next year I will probably be offline for some months ; it's desapointing to know that I will not be able to play with so many games I bought..!

Thank you in advance if someone can clarify all of this !

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 24 Applies to:

Usually the only games you can't play offline are Indie games. Everything else should work though.

Have you ever had your console repaired?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No, never. I had a new console 3 years ago (a slim version), so I did the licence transfert and re-downloaded all the games on the new console.

Since that time, many games have been bought or offered by GwG, and still the same fact : some work offline and some not...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.