Why Call of Duty will remain on top for years to come:

It's SIMPLE to hop-in and play. It's been so many times before but it's just true. In Battlefield, you really do need a group of friends or at least a good group of randoms in your squad that communicate to actually get a win. In Call of Duty you can go it alone and be a one-man-army and win the game a decent amount of the time. In Battlefield, it's damn near impossible to do that. Both are great games, and they're both very different games, but since most of the people that buy these games are casual players, Call of Duty is a lot nicer about letting any noob get in a match, and win or lose within just 5-10 minutes. In Battlefield, a match can be anywhere from 15 minutes to over half an hour.

So long as Treyarch/Infinity Ward doesn't change Call of Duty drastically - I.E. include vehicles - and instead makes small improvements every year, or every other year, then they can probably get another three or four years out of the franchise before maybe having to seriously evolve. The games are consistently good every time, and they're selling like crazy.

/facts

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I agree but I have a feeling some other people do not.

I'm playing WaW right now to get the prestige token, and I actually think (based on the tanks) that vehicles could work on some maps. The tanks are pretty balanced, people seem to take them out pretty quick.

I wouldn't mind a game mode with vehicles but I don't want them on every map/mode.

tanks are fun on waw..cant believe you would play the last 2 cods considering how good cod 4 and waw are..or if your mates were playing cod4 would you still play mw2 or black ops?..cod 4 and 5 are way more balanced..i will buy mw3 but as with mw2 i will sell it 2 or 3 weeks later then back to cod 4 and waw..what about goldeneye reloaded..dont hear much about it but hey its james bond lol

[quote user="A Livid Penguin"]

I'm playing WaW right now to get the prestige token, and I actually think (based on the tanks) that vehicles could work on some maps. The tanks are pretty balanced, people seem to take them out pretty quick.

[/quote]

I cannot stand tanks. WaW would have been one of my favorite CoD games for straight public matches if it didn't have those 4 maps...

i agree Cod games has been successful because of it's simplicity and any future games will need to maintain that simplicity.

but i honestly think they can only milk out 1 maybe 2 more games. they sorta screwed themselves because they release a new game every year like its sports game or something. if they just released games every other year and took their time making improvements and not being so greedy im sure the franchise could've gone on for many more years.

Every year seems to be working fine. They will be able to go on every year until someone challenges them with some direct competition, at which point they will need to improve their formula to remain on top.

believe it or not cod has evolved a lot more than the past three battlefield games

[quote user="zdopeheathen"]

believe it or not cod has evolved a lot more than the past three battlefield games

[/quote]

I don't believe it because it's not true. I don't know if you've been paying attention to all the hate it's been getting for the last few years, but one of COD's biggest disappointments is that it never changes. Even the alterations in eras (modern, WWII, modern, Vietnam, Modern) don't make the games fresh enough from year to year.

[quote user="Mister Chompski"]

[quote user="zdopeheathen"]

[/quote]

I don't believe it because it's not true. I don't know if you've been paying attention to all the hate it's been getting for the last few years, but one of COD's biggest disappointments is that it never changes. Even the alterations in eras (modern, WWII, modern, Vietnam, Modern) don't make the games fresh enough from year to year.

[/quote]

Insofar as actual stuff changed, it actually has.

From COD4 to MW2 they added customizable killstreaks, emblems, titles, changes to the weapon structure, way more attachments, spec ops, etc. Plus it looks a lot better than COD4. MW2 to Black Ops had wager matches, completely different unlock system, cod points, dive to prone, theater mode, combat training, customizable emblems. And now MW3 has an even more customizable killstreak system with three different sets, weapon proficiencies, survival mode, cod elite. Yeah, they're not huge additions, but they're changes. Bad Company to to Battlefield 3 really doesn't have many changes either, that's what a lot of the reviewers pointed out as well. It's still apparently fun, but it doesn't have to change a lot. It's just a sequel.