Why are there DVR controls on live tv?

They don't do anything. Are they supposed to control my cable box DVR? The Xbox itself has no DVR (which makes no sense).

The xbox will switch channels on my tv but that's about it. Are there other commands it will do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Upon further research it looks like it should control the DVR on my cable box. Or at least the recordings. But it won't.

From the user guide

OneGuide is not designed to control your DVR. You can use your DVR remote control to access your recordings or schedule new ones.

Note OneGuide’s playback controls (fast forward, rewind, play, and pause) will work with your DVR recordings.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If your cable box/cable provider supports pause, rewind etc for live TV... the controls will work to do that. As will the triggers on the controller.  You have to have the proper device set up in Devices under the Xbox one settings.  For example, I have a Cisco 8742HDC when I chose auto when setting up my dvr (entered Cisco for name) it returned the wrong Cisco code and I could not pause live TV or use the controls.  When I chose Manual for set up and entered 8742HDC for model it all works fine now.  And those controls do work when I am watching recorded shows om the Cisco box.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.