Why are so many people complaining about Elite?

Seriously, is it just fun to be on a bandwagon with people and complain about something that is pointless to complain about to begin with? Yes, I do say it's pointless to complain about.. Why? Because it's not needed to play the game... You're all complaining about something that is 100% optional.

I mean lets look at it.. You get some stats and videos to help improve.. Not that big of a deal, if you don't want that then don't pay for it. I can't say it enough when it comes to how silly it is that so many people are complaining about something you don't even have to have to play the game.

I've heard that the map packs might be attached to the fee, but even then why would you complain about that? If you want the map packs, then you can pay the fee. And if not, then you don't have to worry about it and shouldn't complain. You can still enjoy the game with just the basic maps unless you play it non-stop. And if that is the case, you must enjoy the game, so what is there to complain about a small fee to add to that?

I just think all these petitions, and complaints are a little beyond ignorant. Especially seeing that you do not need this service in any way to play the game. You can still play online without it and still get a lot of fun out of the game.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Because it starts the ball rolling on "Pay and Play" for consoles in the near future. They'll slowly start stripping away other free aspects of the game and eventually start making them features you'll have to pay for. This is Activi$ion we're talking about.

[quote user="Spud 72"]

Because it starts the ball rolling on "Pay and Play" for consoles in the near future.

[/quote]

and then starting next year more developers will do shady things like this so they can hope to make more money when they see all the retarted cod fanboy's buy into this stupid crap.

How so exactly? It's not saying you have to pay to play it, it's just added features. More like Micro Transactions than anything to do with Pay to Play. And I don't feel like there is anything wrong with that, as it leaves it completely optional to the consumer. And in no way changes the game play for any players regardless of having the service or not. The stats arn't a big deal, and the videos.. Well all I have to say to that is Youtube. As for maps, if it's true. That is the only thing that is actually useful but it still don't make it something to complain about.

[quote user="Justin9018"]

How so exactly? It's not saying you have to pay to play it, it's just added features. More like Micro Transactions than anything to do with Pay to Play. And I don't feel like there is anything wrong with that, as it leaves it completely optional to the consumer. And in no way changes the game play for any players regardless of having the service or not. The stats arn't a big deal, and the videos.. Well all I have to say to that is Youtube. As for maps, if it's true. That is the only thing that is actually useful but it still don't make it something to complain about.

[/quote]

they said they will have something that you have to pay for, just you watch, i bet  you that if this becomes really successful as the sales were of black ops,  every developer will try this in their own way for their own games. mw2 started off with over priced DLC because they could get away with it, now more developers are charging hefty prices for their content. they already have enough sales for their game alone they cant settle for just that, they have to have DLC that was premade and locked in the disc and charge us $20 for. not to mention if people dont wanna buy their game new they have to spend another $10 on an online pass to play it online, not to mention the gold sub, and the cost of internet itself? see where im getting at, THEY ARE BECOMING GREEDY POS'. im not saying i cant afford this, im just saying they are going way overboard, this is just the beginning of the sh*it storm.

As the OP argues its pointless to argue against something we arent fully informed about...its also pointless to argue against arguing when HE HIMSELF is also uninformed about. Blissfully ignorant.

That's why I said "near future". Sure it doesn't seem like a bad deal now, and it's not a bad deal "now", but what will the next installment look like. 

Drastic example: Anyone can play the game online for free for as long as they want, but they can only go up to level 5 and no further unless they pay the subscription fee for Elite(let's say an additional 10-15$). Which well then allow them to level up past five and allow them access to the full game instead of less than 1/3 of it, for example

Right now it doesn't seem like a big deal, but when the money rolls in things start getting removed from one service in the next game and added to another service in the next game, and the only way to get access to it is to pay.

I'm hoping that this all blows up in Activi$ions face, but I have a feeling that the only thing that will be blowing up are their wallets from the massive amount of money they're going to probably make.

@spud...because time and time again, people prove that they are mindless lemmings. Im a man, so elite has to blow my friggin mind for me to even consider it. As of this moment, its bungie.net with a COD flavoring. Nope.

Sadly, there are lots of lemmings.

I don't see it turning into pay to play but I see it turning into pay to get ahead. You will be able to play normally but you will have the option to pay to get ahead in rank and/or guns.

[quote user="Spud 72"]

That's why I said "near future". Sure it doesn't seem like a bad deal now, and it's not a bad deal "now", but what will the next installment look like. 

Drastic example: Anyone can play the game online for free for as long as they want, but they can only go up to level 5 and no further unless they pay the subscription fee for Elite(let's say an additional 10-15$). Which well then allow them to level up past five and allow them access to the full game instead of less than 1/3 of it, for example

Right now it doesn't seem like a big deal, but when the money rolls in things start getting removed from one service in the next game and added to another service in the next game, and the only way to get access to it is to pay.

I'm hoping that this all blows up in Activi$ions face, but I have a feeling that the only thing that will be blowing up are their wallets from the massive amount of money they're going to probably make.

[/quote]

exactly, i hope they lose tons of money they spent on advertising this crap along with mw3.