Why are games released at beginning of the week , instead of Fridays or saturdays?

Mostly games with high demand......People like myself work all week and when friday hits , I GAME HARD til sunday night....So why do they release games on tuedays and wednesdays instead of fridays so people can relax and get into it real good instead of having to limit yourself until the weekend? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I don't know, but i would love games to be released on Friday's or even Thursdays.

Do you really need to buy a game on release day?  Can you not wait a few days after release?

Well...if you want to be cool you buy it on release day.XD

Its hard to believe that you never purchased a game on release day.

Games and movies are released on Tuesdays for a couple of reasons...

1: Tracking weeks run from Tuesday to Monday (maybe it's Wednesday to Tuesday). By releasing on a Tuesday, they have a full week to count & report sales.

2: Retail sales weeks run from Sunday to Saturday. By releasing on a Tuesday... If something sells well & they need to restock for the upcoming sale, they have time to do so.

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

Games and movies are released on Tuesdays for a couple of reasons...

1: Tracking weeks run from Tuesday to Monday (maybe it's Wednesday to Tuesday). By releasing on a Tuesday, they have a full week to count & report sales.

2: Retail sales weeks run from Sunday to Saturday. By releasing on a Tuesday... If something sells well & they need to restock for the upcoming sale, they have time to do so.

[/quote]

Thanks OG .  That makes it all clear now.

Skyrim is being released on a Friday.

[quote user="Bunionz"]

Its hard to believe that you never purchased a game on release day.

[/quote]

Oh, I do all the time, even Monday's and Tuesday's, provided I have the time to play them.  If I know that I won't have time to play that game through the week, I just wait until the weekend to get it.

Because the Publisher/devs release them when they want depending of the region  , not when we want depending of our payday or free days. I don't care if the games are released M, T, W, K, F etc...the only thing i do care is that i'll get the game if i am interested.

A lot of times I buy a game on Tuesday and by Saturday I'm burned out on the game lol.