Why am I not very excited.

I loved Oblivion. It was my first favorite game on the 360...yet for some reason I'm just not excited about Skyrim.
Maybe I just haven't heard enough about it. Is there anything huge and game-changing that will get me hyped? I just picture myself starting the game and it being a reskin of Oblivion, though I'm sure it won't be.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I know why. Its because you have a mental illness. But really, there are dragons, perks, radiant story, and better gameplay mechanics. I don't really see how you can't be excited!

Implantedwall14 is right. Skyrim is going to kick Oblivion's @@@.

And here's why.

- MASSIVELY updated Radiant Story system that does what Oblivion couldn't

- MASSIVELY improved A.I. that actually makes NPCs do everyday things instead of simply standing around

- DRAGONS! DRAGONS! DRAGONS!

- Vampires are going to be improved. Well, as improved as vampires can be (werewolves ftw!)

- WEREWOLVES! WEREWOLVES! WEREWOLVES! Although more than likely they will be added via dlc, so sayeth the Todd. (He didn't say this on record, but MANY people have reported that at E3 and PAX Todd Howard and other Bethesda employees confirmed off-camera that wererwolves would be in Skyrim in some form, probably dlc)

- Very much improved visuals, voice acting, combat, etc.

- We can make our own weapons now!

Shooters have rotted your brain! :)

I for one am happy to say that I will not be buying any of the popular shooter titles coming out this fall.

I'll be playing Skyrim for awhile.

[quote user="TLS Big Boss"]

- WEREWOLVES! WEREWOLVES! WEREWOLVES! Although more than likely they will be added via dlc, so sayeth the Todd. (He didn't say this on record, but MANY people have reported that at E3 and PAX Todd Howard and other Bethesda employees confirmed off-camera that wererwolves would be in Skyrim in some form, probably dlc)

[/quote]

As much as I would love to see this. It's totally false.

Give us just one credible link to prove me wrong.

Ahh well the the AI revamp is a definite breath of fresh air. I was really emerged into the world of Oblivion, but the fact that AI walked around and did nothing really irritated me.

Moar vampires! Hopefully they will hunt me, I need more challenge other than..enter area, see mobs, enter combat, fight, exit combat, leave area.

Also making my own weapon? I'm going to love that. I bought the PC version just so that I could mod for free cash and unlimited charges / spell power. Creating my own weapons through the Tes4mod was kinda a pain, now I can make my own without leaving the game...not bad!

Wow, really , really.. a reasonable thread gets personal insults while the blatant troll thread gets civil responses...  

And Big boss, might want to step away from the PR people.

Radiant AI - so far all a more "immersive" way to do the essential gimmick. And it'll probably be jsut as bad, since I bet well see an endless supply of new "brothers" or "sisters" replacing NPCs

Imporved AI? You realized that the AI hasn't stood in one spot all day since Morrowind. They do the improvements in Oblivion.

We haven't heard anyone about Vampires other than they are in, kinda premature to declare them being better. Considering that Oblivion dumbed vampires down a whole lot from Morrowind, so Skyrim has to really go beyond normal improvements to actually improve them.

To each their own, Bird but Gears 1 & 2 were pretty fun and enjoyable games, can't wait for the third one in two weeks and will have enough time to play and budget money for Skyrim in about a month and a half.

Well there are plenty of topics to read, and many demo videos to watch. So go ahead and spend the next hour or so drooling at your keyboard =)

[quote user="Bird125"]

[quote user="TLS Big Boss"]

[/quote]

As much as I would love to see this. It's totally false.

Give us just one credible link to prove me wrong.

[/quote]If by credible you mean an official interview or video with Todd Howard stating the confirmation of werewolves, I can't. As I previously stated, all comments made by Todd Howard and other Bethesda employees were made off camera and heard by E3 and PAX attendees.

I can fully appreciate your hesitance to believe in something that is second-hand and not officially confirmed ON RECORD by Bethesda. However, when the game releases, you will see for yourself that there are werewolves in Skyrim.

I can offer some circumstantial evidence, as I don't expect anyone to take a "rumor" with absolutely no basis.

According to the second-hand information provided by E3 and PAX attendees, the werewolves that were in the version of Skyrim AT THAT TIME were said to be in human form only, featuring yellow eyes and speaking with a growl. A scan from OXM shows an NPC fitting this description. Also, according to the E3 and PAX attendees, Todd Howard as well as other Bethesda employees said that, MORE THAN LIKELY, they will either include the full werewolf transformation by the time the game ships OR via dlc. What was not said was whether or not we would be able to BECOME werewolves. 

That's been confirmed as not being a werewolf, a long while ago. The fact is, especially with games like this, don't listen to "second-hand" information at all. All it'll do is get you disappointment. That said, back in the Fan Q&A on BGSF, one of the fan questions was if there would be Vampires and Werewolves, and Hines said he didn't want to talk about it. Fast Forward to now, and Vampires are in. So werewolves are still up in the air.

I think that they will add it as an expansion. It would make people made if they confirmed before the game comes out "Oh yeah, there are Werewolves. If you want to be one, just pay an extra 10 bucks for the DLC!"   I know that I would be mad anyway.